Darling railway station
|Location||Clynden Avenue, Malvern East|
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||12.68 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 1/2 overlap|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||24 March 1890|
The line through the station was originally built to link Burnley to the Outer Circle line at Waverley Road, and on to Oakleigh. The outer part of the line beyond Darling closed on 9 December 1895. It was re-opened to Eastmalvern on 3 February 1929, and the line was then extended to Glen Waverley on 5 May 1930.
Platforms & services
- Flinders Street all stations and limited stops services to
- Glen Waverley all stations services to
- Malvern East Vicsig
- David Beardsell & Bruce Herbert (1979). The Outer Circle: A history of the Oakleigh to Fairfield Park Railway. Australian Railway Historical Society. ISBN 0-85849-024-2.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. May 1979. p. 93.
- "Glen Waverley Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "624 Kew - Oakleigh via Caulfield & Carnegie & Darling and Chadstone (From 4-11-2018)". Public Transport Victoria.
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au