|Born||28 April 1979|
|FIDE rating||2629 (December 2018) [inactive]|
|Peak rating||2643 (October 2008)|
Sadvakasov was awarded by FIDE the titles of International Master (IM) in 1995 and Grandmaster (GM) in 1998 as a result of his victory in the World Junior Championship. He tied for first at Bali 2000 and the 2003 Samba Cup. In 2004 he won the Politiken Cup in Copenhagen on tiebreak score over Leif Johannessen and Nick de Firmian. In 2007 he tied for 1st–8th with Hikaru Nakamura, Alexander Shabalov, Varuzhan Akobian, Zviad Izoria, Victor Mikhalevski, Magesh Chandran Panchanathan and Justin Sarkar in the Miami Open. Sadvakasov also won matches against Viktor Korchnoi in 2003 by the score 5–3 and former World Champion Anatoly Karpov in 2004 by the score 4.5–3.5.
- Crowther, Mark (2004-08-02). "TWIC 508: Politiken Cup 2004". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- Crowther, Mark (2007-10-01). "TWIC 673: Miami Chess Open". London Chess Center. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- Crowther, Mark (2003-01-20). "TWIC 428: Korchnoi vs. Sadvakasov Match". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Sadvakasov, Darmen (2004-11-21). "Karpov vs Sadvakasov in Astana". ChessBase. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Darmen Sadvakasov chess games at 365Chess.com
- Darmen Sadvakasov player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to a Kazakhstani chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|