Darnell Robinson (born May 30, 1974 in Oakland, California) is a retired American professional basketball player and a member of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks 1994 NCAA champion men's basketball team, playing center. He holds the high school career record for most blocked shots with 1,187 
Robinson was selected a McDonald's All-America following an exceptional high school career at Emery High School, where he finished as the leading scorer in California men's high school basketball history with a total of 3,361 points (breaking the previous record held by Tracy Murray). He scored 19 points, outplaying the more highly regarded Rasheed Wallace, and getting him thrown out of the game.
Robinson was drafted by the Dallas Mavericks with the 29th pick of the 2nd round of the 1996 NBA Draft after leaving Arkansas a season early. He later signed with the Philadelphia 76ers, but never played in the NBA. Robinson ended up playing professionally in Italy, Greece, Israel, Puerto Rico and France.
Robinson's coach in Greece referred to him as "one of the greatest underachievers I've ever been involved with."
- http://www.nfhs.org/recordbook/Records.aspx?CategoryId=1073 NFHS Record Book
- http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1137390/index.htm Faces In The Crowd
- . 1996-03-27 http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=CC&s_site=contracostatimes&p_multi=CC&p_theme=realcities&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=1063FA56583AB7E8&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Missing or empty
- Falduto, Brad (1993-03-16). "CIF STATE BASKETBALL FINALS Emery's Big Package Awaits Brethren Christian in Final Basketball: Darnell Robinson, 6-11, is expected to power his team's offense in the Division V State championship game". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Arkansas Razorback Sports Network :: Your Online Source for Razorback Football and Basketball (pnHome)
- "SI.com - NBA - Darnell Robinson Player Page". Sportsillustrated.cnn.com. 1974-05-30. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- NBA eludes state's all-time prep scorer Darnell Robinson
- "Former Hogs in Pro Basketball". Hognation.net. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball player, coach, or other figure born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|