Darra railway station
Station front in April 2014
|Location||Darra Station Road, Darra|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||City network|
|Distance||16.02 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 side, 1 island)|
|Station code||600321 (platform 1)
600322 (platform 2)
600323 (platform 3)
600324 (platform 4)
|Fare zone||go card 2|
A stop at "nine miles forty four chain" from Central was established when the line between Ipswich and Brisbane was built in 1874. Service on the line were operating in 1875. No stops at the site were recorded in 1876 or 1877, probably because the stop was not manned until the following year when passengers were first recorded at Darra station. The name Darra is most probably derived from a Scottish railway town as some of the engineers who were responsible for naming stops were Scottish.
A siding at Darra was constructed in 1885 to enable the loading of firewood for Hicks & Gray. In 1954, four platforms were built at the station but only three were used. In September 1980, the Darra to Ipswich line was electrified.
Construction of the Springfield line
In 2010, the station was upgraded with two additional platforms and a new ticket office built as part of the quadruplication of the line from Corinda to accommodate services for the Springfield line which has a junction with the Main line west of the station.
The car park was expanded to include 60 new car park spaces and 40 extra cycle lockers.
Services by platform
|1||Ipswich & Rosewood||Ipswich & Rosewood||Limited direct services to Rosewood, most services require a change of trains at Ipswich|
|2||Springfield||Bowen Hills & Kippa Ring|||
|Caboolture & Nambour||Peak hours only|
|3||Ipswich & Rosewood||Ipswich & Rosewood||Limited direct services to Rosewood, most services require a change of trains at Ipswich
Afternoon/Evening Peak hour only
|4||Ipswich & Rosewood||Bowen Hills, Caboolture & Nambour||Morning Peak services run express to Milton stopping only at Indooroopilly|
|Kippa Ring||Afternoon/Evening hour only|
- Mynott, Wicki (2009). 150 years: Richlands, Inala & neighbouring suburbs in Brisbane's South West. Richlands, Inala & Suburbs History Group. pp. 62–70.
- Corinda to Darra upgrade Queensland Rail November 2010
- Christine Kellett (8 July 2009). "Grenade found at Darra train station". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- Tony Moore (29 April 2009). "Overhaul of Darra Railway Station begins". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- "Ipswich and Rosewood Line" (PDF). Translink. 4 October 2016.
- "Springfield Line" (PDF). 4 October 2016.
- Darra Platform 1 TransLink
- Darra Platform 2 TransLink
- Darra Platform 3 TransLink
- Darra Platform 4 TransLink