Arthur in 2008
|No. 00 – Denver Nuggets|
March 25, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school||South Oak Cliff (Dallas, Texas)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Round: 1 / Pick: 27th overall|
|Selected by the New Orleans Hornets|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Darrell Antwonne Arthur (born March 25, 1988) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Denver Nuggets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Kansas Jayhawks for two seasons where he was part of the 2007–08 national championship team. He was originally drafted by the New Orleans Hornets in the 2008 NBA draft but after two trades, he ended up with the Memphis Grizzlies, with whom he signed on July 8, 2008. He is listed at 6'9", 235 lb (107 kg) and plays the power forward position.
High school career
In high school, Arthur guided South Oak Cliff High School to back-to-back Texas 4A state titles in 2005 and 2006 and was the tournament's MVP both years. However, it was later determined that the school illegally changed player's grades to keep them eligible and the titles have since been forfeited. He went on to earn McDonald's All-American and third-team Parade All-American honors in 2006.
After winning the 2008 NCAA championship, Arthur was named to the All-Big 12 first team.
Memphis Grizzlies (2008–2013)
Arthur was selected by the New Orleans Hornets as the 27th overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft, but was promptly traded to the Portland Trail Blazers for cash. The Trail Blazers then traded Arthur to the Houston Rockets for draft rights to 25th overall pick Nicolas Batum. Soon afterwards, the Rockets traded Arthur to the Memphis Grizzlies for draft rights to the 28th overall pick Donté Greene.
On September 3, 2008, Arthur and fellow former Kansas Jayhawks teammate Mario Chalmers were excused from NBA's Rookie Training Camp following a marijuana-related incident. Police responding to their hotel room following a fire alarm at 2:00 a.m. claimed that the room smelled strongly of marijuana but none was found and no charges were filed. Fellow NBA rookie Michael Beasley was also reported to have been in the room at the time, but was not asked to leave camp. Beasley was later fined $50,000 for his involvement in the incident Arthur later released a statement denying any involvement with marijuana. Arthur was later fined $20,000 by the league for missing the rookie camp, but was not fined or suspended for any drug-related violations.
On June 29, 2012, the Grizzlies extended a qualifying offer to Arthur, making him a restricted free agent.
Denver Nuggets (2013–present)
On June 27, 2013, Arthur was traded to the Denver Nuggets along with 55th overall draft pick Joffrey Lauvergne in exchange for Kosta Koufos. On June 23, 2014, he exercised his player option for the 2014–15 season.
On August 7, 2015, Arthur re-signed with the Nuggets.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Grizzlies Sign Arthur". NBA. July 8, 2008. Archived from the original on July 20, 2008. Retrieved July 19, 2008.
- "Grizzlies sign Quinton Ross". Inside Hoops. Archived from the original on June 29, 2014.
- Brett Shipp (February 20, 2009). "South Oak Cliff High School stripped of another basketball title". WFAA. Archived from the original on April 7, 2014. Retrieved February 22, 2009.
- Darrell Arthur – Yahoo! Sports
- "Arthur Traded 3 times on draft night, ends up with Grizzlies". Sports Illustrated. June 27, 2008. Archived from the original on July 23, 2008. Retrieved July 19, 2008.
- Chris Broussard (September 4, 2008). "Chalmers, Arthur caught with marijuana at rookie camp". ESPN The Magazine (ESPN.com). Archived from the original on October 24, 2012. Retrieved September 4, 2008.
- "Perhaps The Concerns About Michael Beasley Were Warranted". September 5, 2008. Retrieved September 5, 2008.
- "Report: Arthur, Chalmers Sent Home from Rookie Camp". WIBW-TV. September 3, 2008. Archived from the original on February 15, 2012. Retrieved September 11, 2008.
- "Beasley fined $50,000 for involvement in Rookie Transition Program incident". ESPN.com. Associated Press. September 18, 2008. Archived from the original on October 24, 2012. Retrieved September 11, 2008.
- Ronald Tillery (September 5, 2008). "Arthur says he learned lesson". Archived from the original on February 12, 2012.
- "Chalmers, Arthur fined $20,000 after rookie symposium incident". ESPN.com. Associated Press. September 10, 2008. Archived from the original on October 24, 2012.
- "Grizzlies extend qualifying offers to Arthur and Speights". NBA.com. June 29, 2012. Archived from the original on July 2, 2012. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "Nuggets Acquire F Darrell Arthur From Memphis Grizzlies". NBA.com. June 27, 2013. Archived from the original on July 1, 2013. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- "Nuggets' Arthur, Robinson exercise player options". NBA.com. June 23, 2014. Archived from the original on June 24, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- "Nuggets Re-Sign Darrell Arthur, Will Barton and Jameer Nelson". NBA.com. August 7, 2015. Retrieved August 7, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- ESPN.com Profile
- Yahoo.com Profile