|Born||Hackney, London, England|
|Southgate Hockey Club|
Darren Cheesman (born 23 February 1986 in Hackney, London) is an ex-England and Great Britain Hockey field hockey International who is now a High Performance Coach for England Hockey and FIH, as well as a Coach Educator for FIH.
As well as previously being a member of the England and Great Britain Hockey Teams, he was also a member of the Great Britain U21 team that won Silver Medal at the 2007 Junior Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia.
The Midfielder / Forward plays club hockey at Southgate, after spells at Reading, East Grinstead and Old Loughtonians.   After playing in the 2005 Junior World Cup, Cheesman was signed by Oranje Zwart, a Premier League club in Netherlands. He spent a year there playing with and against the best players in the world. During his first spell at East Grinstead, Cheesman was voted 'Premier League Player of the Year'. Cheesman played an instrumental role in East Grinstead's successes both domestically and in the Euro Hockey League.
Cheesman came into hockey through Arsenal FC's 'Sport in the Community' programme. It is a programme that sees the football club send coaches into local schools and communities to teach them various sports. Cheesman attended Arsenal's 'in the community' scheme and gained opportunities and life skills that have helped him reach his position today.
- "Cheesman scores on International debut". The Mail. London. 17 November 2010. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "GB held to draw by Argentina". Yahoo Sport. 17 November 2010. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "GB Youth head down under for Junior Olympics". Great Britain Hockey. 17 January 2007. Archived from the original on 17 August 2011. Retrieved 17 January 2007.
- "EHL Statistics". FixturesLive.com. 7 October 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Randall, Charles (29 January 2009). "East Grinstead ruing the loss of Martin Haner to Germany squad". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- "Darren Cheesman – From international hockey player to a new way of life". The Muslim News Reported by Zara Singh. 27 July 2007. Archived from the original on 28 December 2008. Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- "Cheesman seals win over Poplo Barcelona with wonderful goal". EHL. 13 October 2010. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "Arsenal celebrate 25 years of Sport in the Community project". Arsenal FC. 22 February 2010. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- "Darren Cheesman's remarkable rise to GB's hockey team". The Guardian. 23 January 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Mott, Sue (23 January 2011). "Darren Cheesman's remarkable rise to GB's hockey team". The Guardian. London.
- "Loving life, living the dream – Biography". dreamisalive.wordpress.com. Archived from the original on 7 February 2011.