|Residence||Miami Beach, Florida|
|Employer||SUCCESS magazine, former publisher and CEO|
Georgia (m. 2001)
Darren Hardy is an American author, keynote speaker, advisor, and former publisher of SUCCESS magazine. Hardy is a New York Times best-selling author, who wrote The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, Living Your Best Year Ever and The Compound Effect.
Hardy started his first business at age 18. He has been a central figure in the success media business for 25+ years. In 2007 he became publisher of SUCCESS magazine and Success Media. In December 2015, Hardy announced he was leaving SUCCESS magazine as publisher to pursue new opportunities. Prior to this position, Hardy held executive positions at two personal development-focused television networks. He was executive producer and master distributor of The People’s Network (TPN), and president of The Success Training Network (TSTN). Darren Hardy is most known for his popular book "The Compound Effect" that is still quoted by top critics as his best work to date.
Hardy has been awarded the ‘Master of Influence’ designation by the National Speakers Association (NSA) in honor of his professionalism in public speaking.
Success was a business related magazine that contained business and self-improvement advice from entrepreneurs and others. Issues included CDs with motivational content from various contributors. The magazine was nationally distributed, and had a rate base of 402,883 and over 799,000 readers as of 2015. In February 2018, Success folded and laid-off 18 full-time staffers, as well as freelance writers and photographers.
In 2010, Hardy wrote The Compound Effect, a book about the impact of everyday decisions which includes a guide to achieving goals. In 2011, he wrote Living Your Best Year Ever, which is a journal system to design and achieve goals. In 2015, he wrote The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, which outlines the challenges of business ownership for entrepreneurs.
- The Compound Effect, 2010
- Living Your Best Year Ever, 2011
- The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, 2015
- Hardy, Darren (December 2015). "This is NOT Farewell…". Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Carmine Gallo (March 20, 2015). "How Speaking Skills Turned A Common Man Into An Uncommon Success". Forbes. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Tina Williams (February 13, 2015). "Darren Hardy, Founding Editor of Success Magazine, To Be Keynote Speaker At MonaVie Event". Business For Home. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Geoffrey James (January 4, 2015). "7 Books You Should Preorder Today". Inc. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Carol Egan (January 16, 2015). "High School Dropout Teaches High School? Say What?". The Huffington Post. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Harvey Mackay (October 12, 2012). "Three productivity super secrets to becoming a superachiever". Dayton Business Journal. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "Darren Hardy". Smart Books. Archived from the original on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Master of Influence Award".
- Bob Andelman (August 2, 2009). "Mr. Media Radio: Darren Hardy, publisher, 'Success' magazine". Digital Journal. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Life Style". Direct Action Media. Archived from the original on July 4, 2015. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- "Success Magazine Folds". Publishing Executive. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Plano-Based SUCCESS Magazine Folds. | Central Track". Central Track. 2018-01-16. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- Laura Woods (May 26, 2015). "25 Best Personal Finance Books for Your Summer Reading List". The Huffington Post. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Harvey MacKay (June 13, 2010). "Don't just add to your success, multiply it!". San Antonio Business Journal. Retrieved July 3, 2015.