February 1, 1971 |
|Residence||San Diego, California|
|Occupation||Peak performance coach
Professional motivational speaker
|Employer||SUCCESS magazine, former publisher and CEO|
|Spouse(s)||Georgia (m. 2001)|
Darren Hardy is an American author, keynote speaker, advisor, and former publisher of SUCCESS magazine. Hardy is a New York Times best-selling author, who wrote The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster and The Compound Effect.
Hardy started his first business at age 18. He later became publisher of SUCCESS magazine and Success Media. In December 2015, Hardy announced he was leaving Success magazine as publisher to pursue new opportunities. Prior to this position, Hardy held executive positions at two personal development-focused television networks. He was executive producer and master distributor of The People’s Network (TPN), and president of The Success Training Network (TSTN).
SUCCESS is a business related magazine that contains business and self-improvement advice from entrepreneurs and others. Issues include CD with motivational content from various contributors. The magazine is nationally distributed, and has a rate base of 402,883 and over 799,000 readers.
In 2010, Hardy wrote The Compound Effect, a book about the impact of everyday decisions which includes a guide to achieving goals. In 2015, he wrote The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, which outlines the challenges of business ownership for entrepreneurs.
- The Compound Effect, 2010
- The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, 2015
- Hardy, Darren (December 2015). "This is NOT Farewell…". Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Carmine Gallo (March 20, 2015). "How Speaking Skills Turned A Common Man Into An Uncommon Success". Forbes. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Tina Williams (February 13, 2015). "Darren Hardy, Founding Editor of Success Magazine, To Be Keynote Speaker At MonaVie Event". Business For Home. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Geoffrey James (January 4, 2015). "7 Books You Should Preorder Today". Inc. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Carol Egan (January 16, 2015). "High School Dropout Teaches High School? Say What?". The Huffington Post. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Harvey Mackay (October 12, 2012). "Three productivity super secrets to becoming a superachiever". Dayton Business Journal. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "Darren Hardy". Smart Books. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Bob Andelman (August 2, 2009). "Mr. Media Radio: Darren Hardy, publisher, 'Success' magazine". Digital Journal. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- "Life Style". Direct Action Media. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Laura Woods (May 26, 2015). "25 Best Personal Finance Books for Your Summer Reading List". The Huffington Post. Retrieved July 3, 2015.
- Harvey MacKay (June 13, 2010). "Don’t just add to your success, multiply it!". San Antonio Business Journal. Retrieved July 3, 2015.