This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Darren Michael Jessee|
|Born||April 8, 1971|
|Genres||Folk, alternative rock, acoustic|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer-songwriter, drummer|
|Instruments||Vocals, drums, timpani, piano, guitar|
|Associated acts||Hotel Lights, Ben Folds Five, Sharon Van Etten, Hiss Golden Messenger|
Darren Michael Jessee (born April 8, 1971) is an American drummer, songwriter and singer best known as a member of the alternative rock trio Ben Folds Five. In 2014 and 2015, Jessee joined Sharon Van Etten's touring band. On March 4, 2016, Jessee released Hotel Lights' album Get Your Hand in My Hand, and later that year he joined Hiss Golden Messenger from July 2016 through March 2018. Jessee released his first solo album, The Jane Room 217, on August 24th, 2018. 
Jessee formed indie band Hotel Lights in 2004 after many years writing songs, playing drums, and touring in the trio. Ben Folds, on an iTunes Originals compilation, credited the Jessee-penned chorus for "Brick" as the missing element to a song that he had tried to compose for a long time.
Darren can also be heard drumming on the song "Strangest Thing" from The War on Drugs' 2017 album A Deeper Understanding, Hiss Golden Messenger's Hallelujah Anyhow (2017), and Josh Rouse's album Under Cold Blue Stars, released in 2002.
- The Jane, Room 217 (2018)
Ben Folds Five
- Ben Folds Five (1995)
- Whatever and Ever Amen (1997)
- Naked Baby Photos (1998)
- The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner (1999)
- The Sound of the Life of the Mind (2012)
- "Magic" (Jessee) – The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner
- "Sky High" (Jessee) – The Sound of the Life of the Mind
- "Brick" (Folds / Jessee) – Whatever and Ever Amen
- "Song for the Dumped" (Folds / Jessee) – Whatever and Ever Amen
- "Kate" (Folds / Jessee /Anna Goodman) – Whatever and Ever Amen
- "Amelia Bright" (Jessee) – unreleased track performed live by the band 1999–2000; later featured on the Hotel Lights album Firecracker People. A 2000 studio version of the track by Ben Folds Five was included on Folds' retrospective album The Best Imitation of Myself: A Retrospective (2011)
- "Leather Jacket" (Jessee) – No Boundaries: A Benefit for the Kosovar Refugees
- "Wandering" (Folds / Jessee) – Speed Graphic (Note: this is a Ben Folds solo EP)
- "Stumblin' Home Winter Blues" (Jessee) – originally released on Hotel Lights' self-titled debut album in 2006; later recorded by Ben Folds Five for The Best Imitation of Myself
- BMI Repertoire[permanent dead link]. Retrieved February 10, 2013
- "A really tough year". iTunes Originals - Ben Folds (Interview). August 30, 2005.
- "Joey's Guide to Ben Folds Five B-Sides and Rarities". Web.archive.org. October 27, 2009. Archived from the original on October 27, 2009. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- "Darren Jessee". AllMusic. April 8, 1971. Retrieved October 19, 2011.