November 2, 1966 |
|Residence||Encino, California, United States|
|Alma mater||University of Oregon, San Diego State University, University of LaVerne|
|Occupation||Attorney, correspondent for TV entertainment news|
Darren Kavinoky is an American criminal lawyer and television journalist who is the creator of the television show Deadly Sins on Investigation Discovery. He is also the featured Criminal Interventionist on the Investigation Discovery TV series Breaking Point. Darren is an on-air legal analyst and a special correspondent for the syndicated show The Insider, where he reports on legal, political, and pop-culture issues. Kavinoky has also appeared on The Insider’s sister show, Entertainment Tonight, as well as NBC’s Today Show, Dr. Phil, various shows on CNN Headline News, and many other national and local television and radio programs. Kavinoky also frequently contributes a video blog to The Insider.
Kavinoky is the co-creator and host of Deadly Sins, which airs at 9 p.m. each Saturday night (and repeated throughout the week) on Investigation Discovery. The show uses the seven deadly sins as an analytical framework for understanding extreme forms of criminal misbehavior.
Kavinoky has authored three legal books, including Facing a DUI Charge in California: What You Need to Know,.
Kavinoky was named a Thomson Reuters Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2005 and 2006, and was named a Super Lawyer in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. He has been named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in California by the National Trial Lawyers every year since 2007, and has received an "AV" Rating (highest level of skill and ethical standards) by the Martindale-Hubbell directory.
- Ashland Sr. High School, Ashland, Oregon (1984)
- University of Oregon, did not graduate
- San Diego State University, did not graduate (academically disqualified)
- University of LaVerne, San Fernando Valley College of Law
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Theinsider.com[permanent dead link]
- Kavinoky, D. (2011). Facing a DUI Charge, What You Need to Know. Boston: Aspatore Books.
- Los Angeles Magazine, February 2010, p S10
- "Profile View". The National Trial Lawyers. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Darren Todd Kavinoky Lawyer Profile on". Martindale.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- "'Deadly Sins' debuts with affair, murder". The Oregonian. March 3, 2012.
- State Bar of California
- "Darren Kavinoky Results". athlinks.com. Retrieved 18 September 2015.