This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
King performing in Portland, Oregon in 2009
|Born||June 25, 1982|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, drummer, multi-instrumentalist|
Darren Charles King (born June 25, 1982) is an American drummer and percussionist, best known for his association with the band Mutemath until his permanent departure in August 2017. He also played drums for the New Orleans-based Christian rock band Earthsuit for a short time. In concert he is often seen wearing a pair of headphones gaffer-taped to his head for foldback, something previously done by The Who drummer, Keith Moon. King grew up in the small town of Marshfield, Missouri.
On October 27, 2010 Switchfoot's Song "Yet" was released for free download as a remix by Darren King. He also remixed Hillsong United's "Love is War" which was released on their White Album (the remix project) in 2014.
King played additional instrumentation on the Kanye West and Travis Scott collaboration "Piss on Your Grave" which was released on Scott's debut album Rodeo (2015), as well as on another Kanye West song, "Real Friends".
On July 24, 2010, he married Stacy DuPree, vocalist and keyboardist of Eisley. The couple have two daughters; Scarlett, who was born in October 2012, two hours after King returned from a show in Baton Rouge, and Solènne, born in October 2016. They've professionally worked together, along with Jeremy Larson, forming the band Sucré.
- Mason, Stewart. "Biography: Mutemath". Allmusic. Retrieved 11 July 2010.
- "Jesus Freak Hideout Music News: January 2003". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- Colurso, Mary. "For Mute Math, big breakthrough comes with cuts and bruises". The Birmingham News. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- "Sucré Diaries: Scarlett". Blogspot. 2012-06-04. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- Meany, Paul. "A Statement From Paul Meany" Message to newsletter subscribers. 8 Aug 2017. Email.
|This article about a rock musician from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|