|Born||1969/1970 (age 50–51)|
|Alma mater||School of Visual Arts|
Darren Lemke (born 1969/1970) is an American screenwriter who has been active in the film industry since the late 1990s. His first major screenwriting credit was for Shrek Forever After (2010), which he wrote with Josh Klausner. Lemke directed the thriller film Lost (2004), which he also wrote.
Lemke was born in 1969/1970. Raised in Carlstadt, New Jersey, he went to Paramus Catholic High School in Paramus, New Jersey. After high school, he attended the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan, New York to study screenwriting. In 1997, he sold two pitches to Touchstone Pictures for Tony Scott to direct; one of the pitches became Gemini Man, which was released in 2019. In 2005, Lemke pitched the idea of adapting the English fairy tale "Jack and the Beanstalk" with computer-generated imagery. By 2013, Jack the Giant Slayer was directed by Bryan Singer.
|2010||Shrek Forever After||Writing credit with Josh Klausner|
|2013||Jack the Giant Slayer||Story credit with David Dobkin; screenplay credit with Christopher McQuarrie and Dan Studney|
|2013||Turbo||Screenplay credit with Robert D. Siegel and David Soren; story credit for Soren|
|2015||Goosebumps||Screenplay credit; story credits for Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski|
|2018||Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween||Story credit with Rob Lieber; screenplay credit for Lieber|
|2019||The Parts You Lose||Writing credit|
|2019||Shazam!||Story credit with Henry Gayden; screenplay credit for Gayden|
|2019||Gemini Man||Story credit with David Benioff; screenplay credit with Benioff and Billy Ray[nb 1]|
- Kit, Borys (October 11, 2019). "Meet the Writer of 'Gemini Man' (Who Didn't Actually Write 'Gemini Man')". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 11, 2019.
- Siemaszko, Corky (July 12, 1997). "Cart of the deal screenplay lets him bag job in store". New York Daily News. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- Busch, Anita M. (June 6, 1997). "Lemke hits H'w'd with 2-pic pitch". Variety. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (February 27, 2018). "Film News Roundup: Production Starts on Will Smith's Thriller 'Gemini Man'". Variety. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- Sperling, Nicole (February 27, 2013). "'Jack the Giant Slayer' director faced some towering challenges". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 23, 2018.