This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Darshan Jariwala at the Bombay Talkies play
Apara Mehta (m. 1980)
Darshan Jariwala (Gujarati: દર્શન જરીવાલા) (born 29 September 1958) is an Indian film, television and stage actor. He won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for Gandhi, My Father. He was seen as Cheddilal Chaturvedi in the show Saas Bina Sasural which aired on Sony Entertainment Television (India) between 18 October 2010 to 6 September 2012.
Jariwala is the son of veteran Gujarati actress Leela Jariwala (a contemporary of Dina Pathak) and Vidyasagar Jariwala. He has acted in films as well as on Indian television. One of his most remembered Gujarati TV serials is Narsinh Mehta, about the saint poet and devotee of Krishna. His role of Mahatma Gandhi in the 2007 film Gandhi, My Father put him on the international map.
His Gujarati plays include Hatheli Par BaadBaaki, Patro Mitro, Mulraj Mansion and Andhalo Pato. He acted in a Hindi play, Uncle Samjha Karo and in English theatre Going Solo 2. He ventured into the new age mainstream Gujarati Cinema with the Abhishek Jain-directed Bey Yaar, released in 2014.
His company Leela Theatres has coproduced an English Play, Salt & Pepper, starring him, Mandira Bedi, Kuki Grewal and Vikram Kochar, written and directed by Vikranth Pawar, and produced the English comedy Your Place Or Mine? and Gujarati double bill Ramesh Aakhi Raat, comprising two one-act plays based on Ramesh Parekh's writings.
Feroz Abbas Khan (director of Gandhi, My Father and a veteran theatre personality) had approached him for Gandhi's role in his famous play Mahatma v/s Gandhi. But due to date problems, the actor had to let go of the project. However, Feroz was bent on casting him as Gandhi and again approached him for Gandhi, My Father, which finally materialized.
In 1980, he married Indian television personality Apara Mehta, with whom he has one daughter. They had another marriage ceremony in 1981 when their parents decided to perform the marriage in grand scale. They have been living separately for a long time due to personal differences, but are not officially divorced.
|Sweetiee Weds NRI||2017|
|Ek Tha Hero||2016|
|Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3||2016|
|Million Dollar Arm||2014||Vivek|
|Phata Poster Nikla Hero||2013||Police Inspector|
|Hungame pe Hungama||2013||Hari Ram/Papa|
|Commando||2013||Col. Akhilesh Sinha|
|Ajab Gazabb Love||2012||Yashvardhan Grewal|
|Rakta Charitra||2010||SP Kanoonga|
|Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani||2009||Shiv Shankar Sharma|
|Life Partner||2009||Darshan Manibhai Patel|
|What's Your Raashee?||2009||Devendra 'Devu' Patel|
|Halla Bol||2008||Ganpat Rao Gaekwad|
|Aap Kaa Surroor - The Real Luv Story||2007||Khurana|
|Gandhi, My Father||2007||Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi|
|Aaja Nachle||2007||Guru Makarand|
|Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.||2007||Ram Prasad|
- Narsinh Mehta (unknown) as Narsinh Mehta
- Kya Baat Hai (1997) as Ram Dayal Mehta
- Saas Bina Sasural (2010-2012) as Cheddilal Anandilal Chaturvedi
- Adaalat (2012) as K. D. Pathak's Father
- Maan Na Maan Main Tera Mehmaan as Shakuni (Cameo)
- Muh Boli Shaadi (2015) as Ashok Tiwari
- Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani (2015) as Gayatri's Father
- Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (2006 - 2007) as Dr. Akhilesh Jha
- Permanent Roommates (Season 2) (2016)
- The Good Karma Hospital (2017) as Ram Nair
- "55th NATIONAL FILM AWARDS FOR THE YEAR 2007" (PDF). Press Information Bureau (Govt. of India).
- Patel, kalgi (13 April 2015). "Darshan Jariwala: My personal struggles have helped my professional growth". Times of India. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Interview with Apara Mehta".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Darshan Jariwala.|
- Darshan Jariwala on IMDb
- Audio interview of Darshan Jariwala www. speakbindas. com/audio-interview-of-darshan-jariwala/