|Member of the India Parliament |
|Assumed office |
16 May 2009
|Preceded by||Kashiram Rana|
|General Secretary of National BJP Mahila Morcha|
2012 – incumbent
|Born||21 January 1961|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Spouse(s)||Shri Vikram Chandrakant Jardosh|
|Alma mater||K.P. College of Commerce, Surat|
Darshana Jardosh is an Indian politician and current member of the Lok Sabha representing the Surat constituency in Gujarat. She is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and was elected to Lok Sabha for first time in 2009.
She was re-elected as the Member of Parliament in the 2014 elections to the Lok Sabha from Surat. She won with a historic margin of 5,33,190 votes which is the highest lead by any woman MP in Indian Electoral History after Smt.Indira Gandhi and the 4th highest lead in the 2014 elections. She won with a 76.6% vote share which is a record for the 2014 elections.
In 2009, she demanded that the government set up an international airport in Surat to boost diamond trade. In 2012, she criticised Congress MP Tushar Chaudhary for trying to take credit for flight connectivity to Surat, which she and Navasari MP CR Patil campaigned for.
- "Jardosh, Patil lash out at Centre". Surat. Daily News and Analysis. 13 August 2009. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "Congress, BJP candidates file nominations for Surat seat". Surat. Times of India. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "Strong demand by MPs to raise MPLAD fund". New Delhi. The Hindustan Times. 14 July 2009. Archived from the original on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- Thomas, Melvyn (31 January 2012). "SpiceJet spices up Surat politics". Surat. Times of India. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- Detailed Profile in the Government of India portal
- Darshana Jardosh on Twitter
- Darshana Jardosh on Facebook
| 15th Lok Sabha
|This article about a Gujarat politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|