Darts Mills, New Jersey
|Darts Mills, New Jersey|
Historic house in Darts Mills
|Elevation||144 ft (44 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||875804|
Dart's Mill Historic District
|Area||5 acres (2.0 ha)|
|NRHP Reference #||82003279|
|Added to NRHP||April 29, 1982|
|Designated NJRHP||March 18, 1981|
Darts Mills is an historic unincorporated community located within Readington Township in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States. It is located on the South Branch of the Raritan River, and several mills were built there in the early 18th century. In its height a merchant, blacksmith, store and complex of mills were here. The last mill at this site burnt down in 1994. Foundation walls and a mill race remain at the site today. On April 29, 1982, Dart's Mill was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- "Darts Mills". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Hunterdon County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. April 1, 2010. p. 12. Retrieved October 15, 2010.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed January 30, 2015.
- Historic Sites & Districts in Hunterdon County, NJ, Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
|This New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in New Jersey on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|