Darul Ihsan University
Darul Ihsan University
|Address||House No. 21, Road No. 9/A, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka, 1209, Bangladesh
Darul Ihsan University (Bengali: দারুল ইহসান বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) or DIU was a private university in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was founded by late Syed Ali Ashraf in 1989. The government of Bangladesh accredited it as a private university in 1993. The Education Ministry shut down the university on 26 July 2016 for illegally operating numerous branch campuses and for selling higher degree certificates.
Areas of studies
- Faculty of Religious Sciences
- Faculty of Human Sciences
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
- Dept. of Information and Telecommunication Engineering
- Dept. of English Language and Literature
- Dept. of Law
- Dept. of Dawah and Islamic Studies
- Dept. of Arabic Language and Islamic Studies
- Dept. of Library & Information Science
- Information Science and Library Management
- Department of Institute of Management Studies
- 1st Convocation was held on 13 March 1997 in the BaliBhadra, Savar, Dhaka. The number of graduating students was 244.
- 2nd Convocation was held on 27 March 2002 in the Bangladesh National Museum, Dhaka. The number of graduating students was 601.
- 3rd Convocation was held on 21 December 2003 in the Bangladesh China Friendship Conference Center, Sher-e Bangla Nagar, Dhaka.
University Grants Commission (UGC) warns students and their parents to be careful about admission in Darul Ihsan University of Bangladesh. Md. Shamsul Alam, Director, Private University Division,University of Grants Commission of Bangladesh certify that Darul Ihsan University has the approval of the Ministry of Education, Government of the people's Republic of Bangladesh on 19/08/1993. Its only approved campus by the Government and UGC is House No. 21, Road No. 9/A, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1209. Certificates, if any, issued from its approved campus to any of its students after completion of the works and fulfillemnt of all the requirements of the above programme, will be considered legally valid. The awarded degree from the Private University is equivalent to a degree obtained from any Public University of Bangladesh.  But the authorities of this university are now divided in four separate groups and running their activities form different campuses. As of August 2011, the University was functioning under stay order from the court. The university is legally closed down.
- "Founder Chairman & Vice Chancellor's Message". Darul Ihsan University. Retrieved 2016-11-23.
- "Govt orders closure of Darul Ihsan University, outer campuses of private varsities told to shut down". bdnes24.com. 26 July 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Govt shuts Darul Ihsan University". New Age. Dhaka. 27 July 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "No decision yet about Darul Ihsan students". The Independent. Dhaka. 28 July 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Convocation". DIU. Archived from the original on October 5, 2012.
- "UGC Notice about DIU". www.varsityadmission.com. Archived from the original on August 17, 2011.
- "Functioning under stay order from the court". UGC Official Website. Archived from the original on August 8, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Oulu.|