Darwin's Waiting Room
|Darwin's Waiting Room|
|Origin||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Genres||Rap rock, alternative metal, alternative rock, nu metal|
Silence Is Broken
Eddie "The Kydd" Rendini
Darwin's Waiting Room formed in 1995 and went through several lineup changes before solidifying early in 2000. They signed to MCA Records and released their debut album, Orphan, in 2001. The album peaked at No. 19 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart that year. Following the album's success, they scored airplay with the single "Feel So Stupid (Table 9)" on MTV2, MTVX and Much Music, and toured with Godsmack, Deftones, Nonpoint, and Machine Head. A sophomore effort, Apology Accepted, followed in 2003, but was never officially released.
In 2004, guitarist Eddie "The Kydd" Rendini made an online statement to Digital Noise, saying:
I think it is time to let everyone know what exactly is going on with DWR. DWR is officially broken up. We all decided to follow new musical endeavors after a very long and complicated legal battle. So i just wanted to take the time to thank all of our fans for sticking with us, and support us in our new musical endeavors. As for the "Apology Accepted" album, it is currently done and we will try to put that out for all you DWR fans, as our last offering for a while. Thanks for your support... and remember it's never the end... but just always new beginnings! -Edward
After the band's break-up, both Jabe and Joe started a new band called 75 Winters. They have since disbanded as well. As well around this time, Rendini joined the Jacksonville, FL band Cold, only to leave later that year.
In 2005, bassist Alex Cando joined the Louisville, KY band Five Bolt Main, featuring former Flaw vocalist Chris Volz. The band called it quits in late 2006 when Flaw made the decision to reunite. Cando then joined Flaw for their reunion tour, only to part ways with them in mid-2007. He is now playing bass for the Illinois band Silence Is Broken.
In 2009, Grimm began recording a new music project with South Florida producer Ozny, of New Era and has posted a new song from his upcoming album on his Myspace entitled "W2MC (Sunny Weather, Shady People)".
On January 30, 2015, former band member Eddie Rendini died.
- Michael "Grimm" Falk - emcee
- Jabe - vocals
- Eddie "The Kydd" Rendini - guitar
- Alex Cando - bass
- Joe "Johnny 5" Perrone - drums
- David Broder - guitar (1999-2000)
- Seneca "Sensquatch" Konturas - guitar/vocals (1996)
- Seth "≤16" Horan - bass/vocals (1996)
- Darwin's Waiting Room (1996)
- Orphan (2001)
- Apology Accepted (Leaked onto internet) (2003)
- Eight Questions with Darwin's Waiting Room. Central Florida Future, February 6, 2002. Accessed February 14, 2008.[dead link]l
- Liana Jonas. "Orphan - Darwin's Waiting Room - Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- Chart Positions, Allmusic.com
- "OUTLOUD Newsgazine - Interview with Darwins Waiting Room". Outloud.com. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "antiMusic - musicNews: Your daily source for the latest music news!". Antimusic.com. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "The Dead Rock Stars Club - January to June 2015". Thedeadrockstarsclub.com. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- Further reading