DTD (TV station)
|Darwin, Northern Territory|
|Channels||Digital: 33 (UHF)
10 (TEN) 576i
01 (ONE) 1080i
|Owner||Southern Cross Austereo and
Nine Entertainment Co.
(Darwin Digital Television Pty Ltd)
|First air date||April 28, 2008|
|Call letters' meaning||Digital
|Transmitter power||85.5 kW|
Darwin Digital Television (DTD/DDT TEN) is a digital television station in Darwin, Northern Territory. It is jointly owned by Nine Entertainment (owner of Nine Darwin) and the Southern Cross Austereo (owner of Southern Cross Darwin).
The licence to operate Darwin's third commercial television station was allocated to Darwin Digital Television Pty Ltd, a joint venture with the two existing commercial television broadcasting licensees in the Darwin area, Regional Television Pty Ltd (TND - Southern Cross Darwin) and Territory Television Pty Ltd (NTD - Nine Darwin) in early 2007.
The channel was due to launch in late 2007 but was delayed when the channel started test transmitting a test pattern on 21 April 2008 at 6.00p.m. ACST The channel started transmitting television programs on 28 April 2008 as part of a testing period ahead of the official launch.
- Ten Eyewitness News: Melbourne (Monday - Friday 5:00pm – 6:00pm) (from ATV-10)
- Ten Eyewitness News: Weekend (Saturday and Sunday 5:00pm – 6:00pm) (from TEN-10)
The station is available only on digital television as an affiliate of Network Ten and Southern Cross Ten. It broadcasts on UHF channel 33. Its signal is rebroadcast via Tasmanian Digital Television in Hobart.
On 22 April 2010, Darwin Digital Television began broadcasting "One", a sports-only High-definition channel, owned by Network Ten. Network Ten recently altered the channel`s format to include documentaries, dramas and comedy aimed at male audiences between 4pm and 10.30pm, commencing from May 2011.
On 3 May 2011, Darwin Digital Television commenced transmission of "Eleven", a general entertainment channel aimed at "distinctly youthful" viewers between the ages of 13 and 29, with programs such as Neighbours and The Simpsons returning to Darwin Free-To-Air TV screens on the new channel.
- Mildura Digital Television (Victoria)
- Tasmanian Digital Television (Hobart)
- Southern Cross Ten (ACT)
- Television broadcasting in Australia
- HAAT estimated from http://www.itu.int/SRTM3/ using EHAAT.
- "New digital commercial television service for Darwin" (Press release). ACMA. 2007-05-18. Retrieved 2007-06-29.
- "DTC set to start next week". MediaSpy. 2008-04-20. Retrieved 2008-05-04.