|Location||Daryan, Kermanshah Province|
|Purpose||Water diversion for irrigation, power|
|Owner(s)||Iran Water and Power Resources Development Co|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Embankment, rock-fill with clay-core|
|Height (foundation)||169 m (554 ft)|
|Height (thalweg)||146 m (479 ft)|
|Length||368 m (1,207 ft)|
|Dam volume||9,700,000 m3 (7,864 acre⋅ft)|
|Total capacity||316,300,000 m3 (256,429 acre⋅ft)|
|Active capacity||281,000,000 m3 (227,810 acre⋅ft)|
|Surface area||10 km2 (4 sq mi)|
|Maximum width||800 m (2,625 ft)|
|Commission date||2018 est.|
|Turbines||3 x 70 MW Francis-type|
|Installed capacity||210 MW|
The Daryan Dam, also spelled Darian, is an embankment dam constructed on the Sirvan River just north of Daryan in Paveh County, Kermanshah Province, Iran. The primary purpose of the dam is to supply up to 1,378,000,000 m3 (1,117,000 acre⋅ft) of water annually to the 48 km (30 mi) long Nosoud Water Conveyance Tunnel where it will irrigate areas of Southwestern Iran. The dam will also have a 210 MW hydroelectric power station. Construction on the dam began in 2009 and the dam began to fill its reservoir in late November 2015. The Darian Dam Archaeological Salvage Program (DDASP) was planned by Iranian Center for Archaeological Research before flooding the reservoir. As a result a number of important archaeological sites were discovered and some were excavated. The power station is expected to be operational at the end of 2016. All works are expected to be complete by 2018. The dam's diversion tunnel was completed in June 2011. The dam was designed by Stucky of France and consultation was provided by Mahab Ghodss, International Consulting Engineering Co. In August 2010 Farab Co. won the contract to build the power station. In 2011, workers on the project held a protest against unpaid wages. The dam is also the subject of protest due to the forced relocations and ecological/cultural impact its reservoir will have.
- List of dams and reservoirs in Iran
- List of power stations in Iran
- Garan Dam – upstream on the Garan River
- "Water diversion tunnel barrier ' Darian 'opened DA" (in Persian). Kermanshah. 13 July 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Darian city began Pave dam" (in Persian). 23 November 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "Darian Dam" (in Persian). Iran Water Resources Management. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Water Tunnel Nosoud" (in Persian). JTMA. Archived from the original on 2013-01-23. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Diversion Tunnel for Darian Dam Open" (in Persian). Khaber Farsi. 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Technical News" (PDF). Stucky. 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 October 2007. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Daryan H.E.P.P." Farab. Archived from the original on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "FARAB won the tender of Darian 210MW power plant". Farab Co. 30 August 2010. Archived from the original on 29 June 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Workers Protest and Withdraw From Darian Dam" (in Persian). Rojhelat TV. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 15 June 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Darian dam construction on the river Sirwan". Isdle. 2009. Archived from the original on 11 September 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2013.