Richardson during his time with the St. Louis Rams
|No. 38 Pittsburgh Steelers|
|Date of birth:||April 12, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Vernon, Texas|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||206 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Jacksonville (FL) Sandalwood|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 7 / Pick: 252|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Daryl Lashay Richardson (born April 12, 1990) is an American football running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the seventh round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Abilene Christian.
Richardson then transferred to Abilene Christian, which he attended from 2009 to 2011. Appearing in 34 games with 23 starts for the Wildcats, Richardson amassed 2,303 yards on 453 carries with 34 touchdowns.
2012 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 3/8 in||192 lb||30 5/8 in||9 1/8 in||4.47 s||1.57 s||2.54 s||4.36 s||7.07 s||40 1/2 in||11 ft 3 in||16 reps|
|All values from Abilene Cristian Pro Day |
Richardson was selected in the seventh round (252th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. He was picked second to last in the draft, the only player behind him was Northern Illinois quarterback Chandler Harnish, who was selected by the Indianapolis Colts with the 253rd pick.
St. Louis Rams
On June 6, 2012, Richardson signed a four-year contract with the Rams worth $2.15 million. During his rookie campaign, he was the primary backup to then Rams starting running back Steven Jackson over fellow draftee, second-round pick Isaiah Pead. Richardson played in all 16 games, gaining 475 rushing yards on 98 attempts, as well as 24 receptions for 163 yards. His best performance came in Week 2 of the regular season against the Washington Redskins when he rushed 15 times for 83 yards and scored a 2-point conversion.
Richardson was waived on May 15, 2014.
New York Jets
Richardson was claimed off waivers by the New York Jets on May 16, 2014. He was released on August 30, 2014, but signed to the team's practice squad a day later. Richardson was signed a to reserve/future contract on December 30, 2014. The Jets released Richardson as part of their final roster cuts following the 2015 preseason.
The Houston Texans signed Richardson to their practice squad on September 23, 2015 before releasing him on October 20. The Houston Texans signed Richardson to their practice squad again on October 28, 2015.
Richardson is the brother of running back Bernard Scott, and cousin of wide receiver Clyde Gates. Richardson married Morgan Myrick, his college sweetheart, at Abilene Christian University on March 21, 2015.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- "Daryl Richardson". ProFootballWeekly.com. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "St. Louis Rams - Player Contract Information". RotoWorld.com. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "Daryl Richardson Stats". ESPN.com. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Alper, Josh. "Rams waive Daryl Richardson". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Lange, Randy (May 16, 2014). "Jets Acquire RB Daryl Richardson off Waivers". New York Jets. Archived from the original on May 16, 2014. Retrieved May 16, 2014.
- Lange, Randy (August 30, 2014). "Jets Make Final Cuts to Get to 53". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 30, 2014. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- Lange, Randy (August 31, 2014). "Seven Signed to Jets Practice Squad". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 31, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Lange, Randy (December 30, 2014). "Jets Sign Simms, Plus 8 to Reserve/Future Deals". New York Jets. Archived from the original on December 31, 2014. Retrieved December 31, 2014.
- "Browns sign LB Cam Johnson, release RB Daryl Richardson". Wahoos247. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "NFL Transactions: Wednesday 1/20 - NFL Trade Rumors -". NFL Trade Rumors -. Retrieved 2016-01-21.