June 19, 1969 |
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Daryl Wilcher (born June 19, 1969) is an American actor.
Early life and career
Wilcher was born in Atlanta, Georgia. He began appearing in commercials for KFC, Coca-Cola and Combos Pretzels at a young age. He is an SAG actor who trained in several theater groups in Atlanta, he spent three years training at the Academy theater in Atlanta, Georgia and a further two years with the Robert Sawyer theater group in Atlanta, Georgia and Los Angeles . He began acting in film and television 1988 when he appeared in the long-running television series America's Most Wanted. The following year, he starred alongside Pamela Springsteen in cult horror sequel Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland, in which he played the role of "Riff", his role in the film is perhaps one he is best known for. His other movie appearances include Freejack, with Emilio Estevez and Mick Jagger, and the direct-to-video films Zombeak, Grandma's Sloopy Seconds and Clown Versus Monkey His television appearances include a guest roles in crime series In the Heat of the Night, and the 1990 television film Murder in Mississippi, with Jennifer Grey.
Wilcher has also worked as a video technician, having worked with music video and comedy concert tour producers Davenstar Media Group, in productions such as The Kings of Comedy and Tyler Perry's Madea's Class Reunion, and a screenwriter, two if his screenplays include The Wish Box and All We've Got.
Wilcher loves to work with animals, he has worked as a technician at an animal centre. He draws cartoons and works as a freelance cartoonist and storyboardist. He also works part-time as a massage therapist.
- 1989: Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland ... Riff
- 1992: Freejack ... Youth Gangmember
- 2006: Zombeak ... Leviathan (video)
- 2006: Grandma's Sloppy Seconds ... Riffley Rogers (unknown year)
- 2009: The Sadie Special ... David (short)
- 2010: Clown Versus Monkey ... Performer (unknown year)
- 1988: America's Most Wanted ... James King (episode: "Donald Parsons/Gregory McQueen"
- 1990: Murder in Mississippi ... Reggie (uncredited) (television film)
- 1988–1991: In the Heat of the Night ... Eric Gray, Bob Fannoy (episodes: "Prisoners", "Just a Country Boy", "Unfinished Business")
- Unsolved Mysteries ... Trustee Darrell (unknown episodes; unknown year)
- News for Kids ... Anchor (unknown episodes; unknown year)
- Innervisions ... Doug (unknown episodes; unknown year)
- What's Good for the Goose ... Harold
- Confessions of a Female Disorder ... Letterman
- Running Sweat ... The Runner
- The Bread-Winner ... Buster
- Poetry Play ... Poet #4
- "Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland". sleepawaycampmovies.com. Archived from the original on 29 September 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Zombeak!". zombeak.com. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Grandma's Sloppy Seconds". thegrandmamovies.com. Archived from the original on 24 November 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Clown Vs Monkey". clownversusmonkey.com. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Daryl Toons". sleepawaycampmovies.com. Archived from the original on 15 April 2012. Retrieved 30 September 2011.