|Full name||Daryll John Cullinan|
|Born||4 March 1967|
Cape Province, South Africa
|Bowling||Right arm off break|
|Test debut (cap 253)||2 January 1993 v India|
|Last Test||23 April 2001 v West Indies|
|ODI debut (cap 25)||9 February 1993 v Pakistan|
|Last ODI||4 November 2000 v New Zealand|
|Domestic team information|
Source: CricInfo, 2 June 2008
Cullinan was the youngest South African to score a first-class century, at the age of 16. He also achieved the highest first-class score in domestic South African cricket at the time, scoring 337 not out. Despite a first-class career spanning almost 20 years, sources such as the Herald Sun quote Cullinan as being Shane Warne's bunny.
Cullinan was also involved in an unusual stoppage when 'calamari stopped play'. During a regional match in South Africa, Cullinan hit fellow international Roger Telemachus for six, whereupon it ended up in the kitchen and straight into a pan of fried calamari. According to Wisden, "Daryll Cullinan hit a six into a frying pan. It was about ten minutes before the ball was cool enough for the umpires to remove the grease. Even then, [the bowler] was unable to grip the ball and it had to be replaced".
Cullinan's highest Test score was 275, which was a South African record at the time (as of 2012 the highest score by a South African in tests is 311 not out by Hashim Amla versus England).
In November 2013, Cullinan was sequestrated for failing to pay back Azrapix Investments CC R19300.
- "Wonderbat or Warne's bunny?". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Hookes hurtles to a hundred". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- Turning the tables, Cricinfo, Retrieved 3 May 2009
- Cricinfo Statsguru: DJ Cullinan bowlers dismissed by in Tests
- Cricinfo Statsguru: DJ Cullinan bowlers dismissed by in ODIs
- "South Africa Highest averages". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- Former Proteas batsman Daryll Cullinan sequestrated, SportLive. Retrieved 29 November 2013