Neue Deutsche Todeskunst
|Members||Stefan Ackermann |
Das Ich is a German electronic music group formed in 1989. The group, fronted by Stefan Ackermann and Bruno Kramm, were one of the prominent founders of and contributors to "Neue Deutsche Todeskunst" (New German Death Art) a musical movement in the early 1990s. The German term das Ich makes reference to the Freudian concept James Strachey translated as "ego" (lit. "The I").
In 1989, the members of Das Ich founded the Danse Macabre record label. Their first full-length album, Die Propheten, was released in Germany in 1991 and was reissued in the US in 1997, selling over thirty thousand copies. In 1998, the album Egodram, saw the group moving towards a more rhythmic, industrial dance-oriented sound, resulting in the club singles "Kindgott" and "Destillat". The album was followed by an American tour in 1998. This was followed later in 1998 by their next album, Morgue, a concept album based on the work of Gottfried Benn.
In 2002, Das Ich released the album Antichrist, which is a critical reflection on world politics. In 2003 the Best Of Album Relikt was released.
In 2004, they released the double album Lava, made of:
Lava:Glut: Disc with more instrumental than industrial tracks.
Lava:Asche: Disco with dance versions of song from Lava:Glut.
In 2006, they released an additional dual album:
Cabaret: Disc with circus style songs, like the name implies, and more instrumental.
Varieté: Disc with remix versions of Cabaret, made by bands like Stillste Stund, Metallspürunde, FabrikC.etc.
In the same year, they released a new DVD, Panopticum.
Back in studio in 2017 for Satanische Verse - Vinyl Edition.
Keyboardist Brunno Kramm announced there is a new studio album scheduled for release in 2017 or 2018.
Live Band Members
- Stefan Siegl (Sissy) (2006)
- Kain Gabriel Simon (2000-2006, 2016)
- Daniel Galda (1994–1999)
- Chad Blinman (1994–1996)
- Jakob Lang (1998–1999)
- Michael Schmid (1999–2000)
- Ringo Müller (2006)
- Damian “Plague” Hrunka (2000-present)
- Martin Söffker - keyboards, backing vocals (2008-present)
Das Ich in Film
- 1990: Satanische Verse (eng. Satanic Verses)
- 1991: Die Propheten (eng. The Prophets) (Re-released in 2009)
- 1994: Staub (eng. Dust)
- 1998: Egodram
- 1998: Morgue
- 2002: Anti'christ
- 2004: LAVA:glut (eng. LAVA:ember)
- 2006: Cabaret (Limited Box Set issued featuring Remix album Varieté and DVD Panopticum)
- TBD: Koma (eng. Coma) Das Ich have changed the release date many times since May 2010. In 2018 the information about creating new album appeared on official web site.
- 2008: Kannibale
- 2000: Re-Laborat
- 2004: LAVA:asche (Remixes of Lava:glut; LAVA:ash)
- 1994: "Stigma"
- 1998: "Kindgott" ("Child god")
- 1998: "Destillat"
- 1996: Das Innere Ich (The Inner Self)
- 1999: Re-Kapitulation (Compilation, US only)
- 2003: Relikt (Compilation; Relic)
- 2007: Alter Ego (Best-of compilation)
- 2007: Addendum (Compilation of remixes, rare tracks and alternate versions)
- 1995: Feuer (Live; Fire)
- 2002: Momentum (VCD/DVD)
- 1995: Die Liebe (feat. Atrocity, LP; The Love)
- 2000: Coeur (CD) (Solo project released as "Kramm")