Das edle Herz, WAB 66
|Das edle Herz|
|Secular choral work by Anton Bruckner|
Anton Bruckner monument in Linz
|Composed||December 1857 Linz:|
Das edle Herz ("The noble heart"), WAB 66, is a song composed by Anton Bruckner in December 1857 during his stay in Linz. During his stay in St. Florian, Bruckner had already composed a first setting of the song for men's choir, WAB 65.
Bruckner composed the second setting of the work on the same text of Ernst Marinelli in December 1857 during his stay in Linz. It is not known whether the work, which was composed possibly on request of Liedertafel Frohsinn for a performance as mixed choir, was performed during Bruckner's life.
There is as yet no commercial recording of this second setting of Das edle Herz.
- August Göllerich, Anton Bruckner. Ein Lebens- und Schaffens-Bild, c. 1922 – posthumous edited by Max Auer by G. Bosse, Regensburg, 1932
- Anton Bruckner – Sämtliche Werke, Band XXIII/2: Weltliche Chorwerke (1843–1893), Musikwissenschaftlicher Verlag der Internationalen Bruckner-Gesellschaft, Angela Pachovsky and Anton Reinthaler (Editor), Vienna, 1989
- Cornelis van Zwol, Anton Bruckner 1824–1896 – Leven en werken, uitg. Thoth, Bussum, Netherlands, 2012. ISBN 978-90-6868-590-9
- Uwe Harten, Anton Bruckner. Ein Handbuch. Residenz Verlag, Salzburg, 1996. ISBN 3-7017-1030-9.
- Crawford Howie, Anton Bruckner - A documentary biography, online revised edition