Dash Berlin performing live in October 2010
|Born||8 November 1979|
|Origin||The Hague, Netherlands|
Dash Berlin is a Dutch trance music project created in 2007 by Jeffrey Sutorius, Eelke Kalberg and Sebastiaan Molijn. The front man of the group is the DJ Jeffrey Sutorius, the 10th most popular DJ in the world according to DJ Mag in 2013. Sutorius initially started playing drums influenced by his late father who was a drummer in a jazz band, before discovering electronic music. He worked at BPM Dance and Mid-Town Records specializing in vinyl, with both stores becoming meeting places for many established Dutch DJ's. Molijn and Kalberg, who were deejaying as Pronti & Kalmani at the time, have credited Sutorius as a vital source of inspiration for some of their biggest records during that time.
Kalberg and Molijn have been contributing to the international dance scene for over ten years, with award-winning and platinum-selling hits for dance acts such as Alice Deejay, Vengaboys, Candee Jay, Pronti & Kalmani and Solid Sessions. Their track "Better Off Alone" was one of the first trance records that became big in the United States and was later sampled by French superstar DJ David Guetta in his song "Play Hard" and one of America's biggest rappers Wiz Khalifa in his breakthrough record "Say Yeah". They also have been working together with DJ Sander Kleinenberg on classic tracks like "This Is Miami" and "The Fruit" and remixes for major artists such as Justin Timberlake ('Rock Your Body' Remix winning the award for 'Best Remix' at the Dance Star USA Awards), Janet Jackson, BT, Usher, N.E.R.D., Lenny Kravitz, Junkie XL, Röyksopp, Mylo and Annie Lennox.
Dash Berlin was formed when Jeffrey Sutorius (born 8 November 1979 in The Hague, The Netherlands) and his close friends, Kalberg and Molijn teamed up in 2006. Jeffrey Sutorius was a fan of electronic music from his high school days and in his late teens worked in a record store and became a collector of vinyl trance music. Inspired by pioneering figures such as Sven Vath, Oliver Lieb and Sander Kleinenberg, Sutorius began mixing and producing his own music. He released his first record on 'BPM Legends' records. He started performing in the Dutch underground music scene in early '95 and teamed up with fellow producers and close friends Kalberg and Molijn to form Dash Berlin in 2006.
The breakthrough for Dash Berlin came in early 2007 with "Till the Sky Falls Down". The track went to the top of the trance charts worldwide, due in part to Armin van Buuren who included it on the third chapter of his acclaimed Universal Religion mix album. Van Buuren subsequently signed Dash Berlin to the Armada Music label.
Dash Berlin won the IDMA award for the track "Waiting" in the category 'Best High Energy Track' and was nominated three times at the International Dance Music Awards, during the WMC in Miami in 2009. His tracks "Waiting" featuring Australian singer Emma Hewitt and "Man On The Run", a collaboration with fellow Armada artists Cerf, Mitiska and Jaren were both nominated that year in the category 'Best Trance Track'. In Armin van Buuren's popular radio show A State of Trance the "Waiting" single was elected by the audience to the second best trance track of the year 2009. The music video is shot in Rotterdam and gained over twenty-five million views on YouTube.
In 2010, Dash was nominated for the 'Best European DJ' at the IDMA's and entered the DJ Mag Top 100 poll at number 15. He won the DJ Mag Top 100 Award for 'Highest New Entry', during the Magazine's ceremony at the Ministry Of Sound in London, hosted by Boy George. Beating other famous Dutch DJ's such as Armin van Buuren, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten as the highest Dutch entry till date. On October 20, 2011 DJ Magazine announced the results of their annual Top 100 DJ Poll for the very first time in Amsterdam, with Dash Berlin placed at #8 in the world. In 2012, Dash Berlin receives a nomination for 'Best Trance Track' at the IDMA's for his track with Jonathan Mendelsohn entitled "Better Half Of Me". October 2012: In Mexico Dash Berlin is nominated for a prestigious Lunas Award in the category Electronic Music among other artists such as Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, David Guetta, Sasha and others. Later that month, Dash was ranked number 7 in the DJ Mag Top 100 poll, making him the second most popular Trance DJ in the world, right after his mentor Armin van Buuren. In December 2012, Dash Berlin was nominated for a 'Tunisia Music Award', Africa's biggest award show till date. Also in December, Dash Berlin headlined the Sunset Music Festival in Sri Lanka for the first time. In February 2013 Dash Berlin headlined the Ultra Music Festival in Chile and the Ultra Music Festival in Buenos Aires together with Avicii, Carl Cox and Armin van Buuren. In 2013, Dash Berlin received a nomination for the 'Best Trance Track' at the IDMA awards for his single 'When You Were Around' featuring British singer Kate Walsh.
Dash Berlin was the first DJ to be announced for Armin van Buuren's 'A State Of Trance 600' event in 2013. Dash played at ASOT Den Bosch, ASOT Mexico City, ASOT Minsk, ASOT Sofia, ASOT Beirut, and ASOT Guatemala.
In October 2014, Dash Berlin partnered with trance lifestyle brand Electric Family to produce a collaboration bracelet for which 100% of the proceeds are donated to the Giri Asih Foundation. The Giri Asih Foundation gives several funds and other supporting facilities to ensure better living for communities and children, living on and under the poverty line, but mainly helping children attend and complete their education through seven Children’s Homes and three Communities Development Programs based on children [In Bali, Indonesia].  The partnership has raised over $2500 as of November 2014.
In early 2009, plans emerged to expand the Dash Berlin influence with his own label called Aropa. The first release under the new label is Man on the Run, a collaboration with fellow Armada artists Cerf, Mitiska and Jaren. The track rocketed to the top of the international trance charts and received a nomination for 'Best Trance Track' at the annual Trance Awards. The song is also the lead single of his debut album The New Daylight which was released later that year in October. In April 2012, Dash Berlin released his second artist album on Aropa and Armada Music titled #musicislife.
|The New Daylight|
|We Are (Part 1)||
- 2008: "Till the Sky Falls Down"
- 2009: "Man On the Run" (with Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren)
- 2009: "Waiting" (featuring Emma Hewitt)
- 2010: "Never Cry Again"
- 2010: "Janeiro" (featuring Solid Sessions)
- 2011: "Disarm Yourself" (featuring Emma Hewitt)
- 2011: "Better Half of Me" (featuring Jonathan Mendelsohn)
- 2012: "World Falls Apart" (featuring Jonathan Mendelsohn)
- 2012: "Go It Alone" (featuring Sarah Howells)
- 2012: "Silence In Your Heart" (featuring Chris Madin)
- 2012: "Like Spinning Plates" (featuring Emma Hewitt)
- 2012: "When You Were Around" (featuring Kate Walsh)
- 2013: "Fool for Life" (featuring Chris Madin)
- 2013: "Steal You Away" (with Alexander Popov featuring Jonathan Mendelsohn)
- 2013: "Jar of Hearts" (featuring Christina Novelli)
- 2014: "Dragonfly" (with Carita La Nina)
- 2014: "Earth Meets Water" (with Rigby)
- 2014: "Here Tonight" (with Jay Cosmic featuring Collin McLoughlin)
- 2014: "Somehow" (with 3LAU featuring Bright Lights)
- 2014: "Shelter" (featuring Roxanne Emery)
- 2015: "Never Let You Go" (with John Dahlbäck featuring BullySongs)
- 2015: "This Is Who We Are" (with Syzz)
- 2015: "Underneath the Sky" (featuring Christon)
- 2015: "Yesterday Is Gone" (with DubVision featuring Jonny Rose)
- "EUPHORIA By Ministry Of Sound Presents Dash Berlin: Back By Popular Demand". Klue. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2011.[dead link]
- "Dash Berlin Biography on Laurentpons". Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "DJ Mag Top 100 DJs: Dash Berlin". Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Dash Berlin Discography". Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Official Website". Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Top DJ's around the world". Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Dash Berlin live at ASOT600 Ultra Music Festival Miami 2013".