|Directed by||Shashant Shah|
Guneet Monga |
|Written by||Arshad Syed|
|Music by||Kailash Kher|
|Budget||₹ 1 million|
|Box office||₹ 18,700,000.|
Dasvidaniya (दसविदानिया) is a Bollywood comedy-drama film released on 7 November 2008. The name of the movie is a pun on the list of ten things to be done before death made by Vinay Pathak, and is a play on the Russian phrase до свидания (do svidaniya), meaning good bye.  
Amar Kaul (Vinay Pathak) is a 37-year-old accounts manager at a company called Suraj Pharmaceuticals in Mumbai. He is single and lives with his mother (Sarita Joshi). He lives a nondescript life with people oblivious to his existence. One day his doctor tells him that he will die within three months due to stomach cancer. Realising that his time is limited, Amar makes a list of ten things he wants to do during his life, and sets out to do them. They are:
- 1. Buying a red car.
- 2. Tour abroad.
- 3. Play guitar.
- 4. Confess his unrequited love for his childhood crush Neha.
- 5. Stand up against his boss.
- 6. Visit his old friend Rajiv Jhukla.
- 7. Experience romance.
- 8. Reveal his condition to his mother.
- 9. Have his photo published in the newspaper.
- 10. Mend his relationship with his younger brother.
He finds the true joys of life in a few months which was hidden all his life. After three months, at the time of his death, he leaves something for all his near and dear ones, leaving all of them happy and thankful to him.
|1||"O Maa Meri Maa Pyaari Maa – Mammaa"||Kailash Kher||Kailash Kher||04:30|
|2||"Sare Sehar Ki Jagmag Ke Bitar Hai Andhera – Alvida"||Kailash Kher||Kailash Kher||05:03|
|3||"Muskura Mere Dil"||Sonu Nigam||Kailash Kher, Naresh Kamath, Paresh Kamath – The Kailasa Band||03:40|
|4||"Muskura Mere Dil (Inst)"||Instrumental||Kailash Kher, Naresh Kamath, Paresh Kamath – The Kailasa Band||03:15|
|5||"Sare Sehar Ki Jagmag Ke Bitar Hai Andhera – Alvida (Remix)"||Kailash Kher||Kailash Kher, Naresh Kamath, Paresh Kamath – The Kailasa Band||04:20|
The film received favourable reviews from critics. Martin D'Souza of Bollywood Trade News Network gave the movie 4 stars out of 5 calling it "a memorable experience, one that will leave you richer". Gaurav Malani of Indiatimes Movies gave the film 3 stars, praising the cast, dialogue and scripting and recommended that the movie "should top the list of your 10 most important things to do this weekend." The movie has also been referred by its pun line as "the best goodbye movie ever."
- "Dasvidaniya: A bittersweet slice of middle-class life". Reuters. November 14, 2008. Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- "Vinay's madcap adventure". The Times of India. 6 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "Not so Funny". Indian Express. 27 October 2008. Archived from the original on 20 September 2012. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "How DASVIDANIYA was named!". www.glamsham.com. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "Nina starring as the goofy sidekick" (May 14, 2009). "[comment in] Topic: Dasvidaniya (*ring Vinay Pathak, Neha Dhupia, Ranvir Shorey, Rajat Kapoor)". BollyWHAT?com: The Guide for Clueless Fans of Hindi Films. bollywhat.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
after the v[ery] last scene, when the brother and friend are 'grading' his list as 10 out 10, there's the 'Das' of Dasvidaniya that appears alone, next to the number 10, which then morphs into the rest of the word.
- "etu Who wants to be the one & only superstar" (February 15, 2009). "[comment in] Topic: Dasvidaniya (*ring Vinay Pathak, Neha Dhupia, Ranvir Shorey, Rajat Kapoor)". BollyWHAT?com: The Guide for Clueless Fans of Hindi Films. bollywhat.com. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
it's called Dasvidanya because... he has an affair with a Russian prostitute who cares for him at a dark hour, and since she doesn't speak English or Hindi, this is how he tells her goodbye for the last time.Concept of this film was taken from a Hollywood movie The bucket list.
- "Bollywood box-office report of the week". Glamsham. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "All India 2008 (Figures in INR Crore) Bollywood". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 26 August 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Dasvidaniya movie review". Glamsham.com. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "Dasvidaniya: movie review". The Economic Times. 14 November 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "Dasvidaniya: The Best Goodbye Movie Ever". Guy Down the Street. Retrieved 2009-05-04.