Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Revenue||$2.3 million |
|Alexa rank||9,525 (June 2016)|
DatPiff is an online distribution platform that was launched in 2005. It is headquartered in Pennsylvania. It specializes in hip-hop, rap, and urban music. The site was founded in the spring of 2005 by Marcus Frasier.
A key feature of DatPiff is that unregistered users are allowed to download for free any mixtape uploaded to the site that has been Sponsored - i.e. funded by the artist or label. Registered users are permitted a limited number of downloads of non-sponsored mixtapes per day. Premium paid users have an unlimited number of downloads of any mixtape. Mixtapes may be streamed by any user. Premium content may also be purchased.
Users register as an artist or fan - the key difference being that artists upload their work to the site while fans may only listen to these works.
- "Idle Media Inc". Bloomberg Businessweek.[dead link]
- "datpiff.com Site Overview". Alexa. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Idle Media Inc". Investors Hub. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- Michael Humphrey (August 4, 2011). "Datpiff: How Love For Mixtapes Grew To Lil Wayne Levels". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- Meaghan Garvey (December 16, 2014). "The Minds Behind Music's Biggest Tech Advances in the Last 10 Years". Complex. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
|This article about a music website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|