This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Alexa rank||80,152 (May 2013[update])|
Open Government Data (OGD) Platform India or data.gov.in is a platform for supporting Open data initiative of Government of India. This portal is a single-point access to datasets, documents, services, tools and applications published by ministries, departments and organisations of the Government of India. It combines and expands the best features of India government's India.gov.in and the U.S. government's data.gov project.
After announcing the launch of the site in June 2011, the site was launched in October 2012. part of the Open Government Initiative was launched during October 2012, in compliance with the National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP) of India, Gazette notified in March 2012.
According to the preamble of NDSAP, there has been an increasing demand by the community that data collected with the deployment of public funds should be made more readily available to all, for enabling rational debate, better decision making and use in meeting civil society needs.
The policy envisages proactive dissemination of data by Government ministries, departments, organizations.
- Data Management System (DMS): This facilitates publishing of datasets/applications by authorised users from Ministries/Departments/Organisations.
- Content Management System (CMS): This module is used to update or create content and functionalities for Data Portal India.
- Visitor Relationship Management (VRM): This module facilitates collation and dissemination of feedback/suggestions received on Data Portal India.
- Communities: People with specific interest can connect through online communities.
Open Government Data (OGD) Platform India
Open Government Data (OGD) Platform India was developed jointly by India & US government as a result of announcement made by President Obama and Prime Minister Shri Manmohan Singh during the Indo-US Open Government Dialogue in 2010.
Open data platform is a being implemented in US as their data.gov. In India the platform was further customised by National Informatics Centre (NIC) in line with the National Data Sharing Accessibility Policy to develop the Data Portal India.
- National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy – Government of India
- My Gov
- "data.gov.in Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- "National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy – 2012 approved". Press Information Bureau - Government of India. 2012-02-09. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- Medianama. "Indian Government Launches data.gov.In". Medianama. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- ET Bureau (4 Jun 2011). "New Govt portal data.gov.In launch next month to ease information search". The Economic Times. Archived from the original on 29 June 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "About Open Government Data (OGD) Platform India". data.gov.in. 2013-02-12. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- T, RAMACHANDRAN (1 October 2012). "Government data portal set for take-off". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- iGovernment. "The Beginnings of India's Open Data Movement". 9.9 Media. Archived from the original on 2013-05-28.
- Gazette notified in March 2012 Archived 2015-02-16 at the Wayback Machine.
- "National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy". Department of Science and Technology (DST). Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Implementation Guidelines for National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP)" (PDF). data.gov.in. November 2015. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- "Government data portal set for take-off". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "GitHub repository of Open Government platform".
- Press Information Bureau. "Shri Kapil Sibal Launches Open Government Platform Developed by India and US". PIB.
- "Fact Sheet on United States and India Announce Partnership on Open Government" (PDF). The White House.
- "Editorial: data.gov". The New York Times. 26 May 2009.
- "Government launches Data Portal India in beta". techcircle.in. techcircle.in. 2012-09-04.
- "Data Portal Ghana". 16 May 2014.
- "The Growing Open Government Movement". The White House. The White House. 2012-06-22.