||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2014)|
|Headquarters||Jersey City, New Jersey, United States|
Datapipe is a provider of managed hosting services and data centers for information technology services and cloud computing with data centers in Somerset, New Jersey, San Jose, California, the United Kingdom, and China. The company was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey. More Data Centers had been added since 2011. Including Ashburn VA, Iceland, and Singapore.
In 1998, Robb Allen founded Datapipe with just three employees. Originally based in Hoboken, NJ the company started out providing both website design and hosting services. The company soundly weathered the dot.com bust, posting double digit growth every quarter. As the company grew, it focused on providing managed hosting services and began to expand its office space and data center facilities in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Today the company provides services to 1000 clients  in industries including Healthcare and Pharmaceutical, Finance, Software as a Service, Advertising, Retail, and Media & Entertainment.
Under the umbrella of Datapipe Managed Cloud, the company offers managed services for Amazon Web Services including Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2), CloudFront, Simple Storage Services(S3), and Relational Database Services (RDS). Datapipe established partnerships with technology companies. Datapipe provides application management, hosting, professional services and security services for mid to large-sized organizations. These services include comprehensive monitoring, diagnostics, and problem resolution; enablement of software as a service to the independent software vendor community; and custom application management and remote infrastructure management.
The company is a member of the PCI Security Standards Council, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, and an EPA Green Power Partner. Datapipe’s San Jose and Somerset One Data Centers complete an annual SAS 70 Type II  (Statement on Auditing Standards No. 70) Audit.
News On November 17, 2010 Datapipe announced Datapipe Managed Cloud for Amazon Web Services.
In April 2010, Datapipe announced their Somerset data center would run on 100 percent renewable electricity by purchasing Green-e Energy certified Renewable Energy Certificates through Constellation NewEnergy’s NewMix Wind energy program. The company touts energy conservation measures and powers its London data center on alternative energy.
In October 2009, Datapipe Added more Data Center Capacity in Central New Jersey
In July 2008 Datapipe announced that it received $75 million in combined credit and equity financing led by Goldman Sachs. The company said it plans to use the money to support future growth and data center expansions.
In 2015 Datapipe an additional office in Singapore to further address growing demand for multi platform services in Asia.
- "About DataPipe". Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "Outsource With Confidence". Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "About Us". Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Industries Served". Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Amazon Web Services". Retrieved 2010-11-24.
- "Cloud Computing - Datapipe Managed Cloud". Retrieved 2010-11-24.
- "Managed Hosting, Security, Storage, Colocation". Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "sAS 70 - Overview". Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Datapipe Goes Green With 100 Percent Renewable Electricity". Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Datapipe Goes Green With 100 Percent Renewable Electricity". Retrieved 2010-06-15.
- "Data center switches on renewable energy". Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- "DataPipe Adds more Data Center Capacity in Central New Jersey". Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "DataPipe Secures $75 Million in Funding". Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "DataPipe Subleases 21,000 SF at 10 Exchange Place". Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "DataPipe Opens Data Center in China". Retrieved 2009-01-27.