This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Social network service|
|Alexa rank||10707(June 2012[update])|
|Launched||14 May 2016|
DateIITians is an online social dating and networking website, founded on 22 January 2012. It was shutdown due to some reasons  but it again relaunched in 2015 exclusively for Elite Singles in India from IIT, IIM, DCE, BITS, NIT, IIIT, IISc and all Ivy League universities. It also opened this time for doctors, lawyers, CXO, Entrepreneurs, Startups, and all senior level employees.
Started by the trio (Layak Singh, Kinshuk Bairagi & Nikhil Kaushik) from IIT Kharagpur, it launched its alpha version on 22 January 2012. It also launched an online competition in February 2012, where it distributed gifts to the winners based on an application Who will be your Valentine?.
As of June 2014, the website is currently down. The website offered sharing of photos, videos, links and ideas, live chat, video chat, customised user profiles, notifications, private messaging, a matchmaking suggestions based on an algorithm with the like-minded people, beauty contests and games.
The site is re-launched as an individual again on 14 May 2016.
- "dateiitians.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2012-06-09.
- D'Mello, Yolande (12 Feb 2012). "Do you want to date an IITian". Mid Day. Archived from the original on 14 July 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "DateIITIan No More; Founders 'Rebrand' it to Cogxio, Will it Help?". NextBigWhat. 2014-02-24. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "dateIITians 2.0 – Dating app for Elite Like Minded Singles – dateIITians Blog". www.dateiitians.com. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "Net date for nerds". Deccan Chronicle. 28 Jan 2012. Archived from the original on 30 June 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "We are on the Way! Re-Launching soon!". DateIITians. Archived from the original on 2013-12-14. Retrieved 14 Dec 2013.
- Paul, Satarupa (20 May 2012). "Cupid goes to Geekville as techies search online for 'true love'". The Sunday Guardian. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Here's your chance to date IITians". Cyber Media.
- "Dating on Portal with video Chatting". CrimeNews. Archived from the original on 1 July 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "DateIITians: Blend Your Social Connections With Matured Relationship !". DazeInfo. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Bhatia, Tanushree (23 Jan 2012). "Click 'n Date an IITian or IIMite". Ahmadabad Mirror. Archived from the original on 17 June 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "A chat with the founders of dateIITians". Scholars’ Avenue, IIT Kharagpur. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Chaudhry, Lakshmi. "So Who wants to date an IIT Boy". Firstpost. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- "One Click to Date an IITian". Silicon India. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Kamra, Diksha (17 Jan 2012). "IITians, click to get a date". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 May 2012.