List of Star Wars planets and moons
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Dathomir)
List of planets and moons
The following list names planets and moons from the films or canon media that were settings or key portrayals (e.g., Alderaan):
|Planet / Moon||First appearance||Media||Fictional description||Ref.|
|Alderaan||Star Wars: A New Hope||Film||Princess Leia's home planet, ultimately destroyed by the Death Star|||
|Bespin||Empire Strikes Back, TheThe Empire Strikes Back||Film||Gas planet and the location of Cloud City|||
|Coruscant||Return of the Jedi (special edition)||Film||Urban planet and governmental center of Republic then Empire|||
|Dagobah||Empire Strikes Back, TheThe Empire Strikes Back||Film||Swamp planet and Yoda's residence|||
|Endor||Return of the Jedi||Film||Moon that the second Death Star orbited; inhabited by Ewoks|||
|Geonosis||Attack of the Clones||Film||Desert planet where battle droids are manufactured|||
|Hoth||Empire Strikes Back, TheThe Empire Strikes Back||Film||Ice planet and base for Rebel Alliance|||
|Jakku||Star Wars: The Force Awakens||Film||Desert planet and site of a battle|||
|Kamino||Attack of the Clones||Film||Ocean planet where cloning technology is developed|||
|Kashyyyk||Star Wars Holiday Special||Film||Forest planet and home of the Wookiees|||
|Lothal||Star Wars Rebels||TV series||Remote farm planet and birthplace of Ezra Bridger|||
|Mustafar||Revenge of the Sith||Film||Volcano planet and location of showdown between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi|||
|Naboo||Phantom Menace, TheThe Phantom Menace||Film||Home planet of Padme Amidala and the Gungans, including Jar-Jar Binks|||
|Sullust||Star Wars Battlefront (2015)||Video game||Volcanic planet, base of Imperial factories|||
|Tatooine||Star Wars: A New Hope||Film||Desert planet and childhood home of Luke Skywalker|||
|Utapau||Revenge of the Sith||Film||Planet of final battle with General Grievous|||
|Yavin||Star Wars: A New Hope||Film||Gas planet with several moons including Yavin 4|||
|Yavin 4||Star Wars: A New Hope||Film||Forest moon and base for the Rebel Alliance|||
- Wenz, John (April 23, 2015). "Could the Planets in Star Wars Actually Support Life?". Wired. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- Chao, Tom (September 14, 2012). "10 Real Alien Worlds That Resemble 'Star Wars' Planets". Space.com. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- Cavelos, Jeanne (2007). The Science of Star Wars: An Astrophysicist's Independent Examination of Space Travel, Aliens, Planets, and Robots as Portrayed in the Star Wars Films and Books. Macmillan. pp. 29–32. ISBN 978-1-4299-7176-8.
- Nicholson, Max (May 4, 2015). "49 Things The 'Star Wars' Prequels Did Absolutely Right". MTV News. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
...they also brought in a supercluster’s worth of new planets, including Coruscant, Naboo, Kamino, Geonosis, Utapau, Mustafar, Kashyyyk and plenty of others in 'Episode III.'
- McDermott, Maeve (September 24, 2015). "Explore Jakku in an immersive 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' interactive". USA Today. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
- Taylor, Chris (2015). How Star Wars Conquered the Universe: The Past, Present, and Future of a Multibillion Dollar Franchise. Basic Books. pp. 222–223. ISBN 978-0-465-04989-9.
- Day, Patrick Kevin (October 3, 2014). "'Star Wars Rebels': Ralph McQuarrie legacy on view in animated series". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
The heroes of 'Rebels' hail from a backwoods planet called Lothal, which bears a close resemblance to McQuarrie's vision of Alderaan.
- Staff (October 28, 2010). "The Worlds of Star Wars". National Geographic. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- Chalk, Andy (May 3, 2015). "Star Wars: Battlefront has 12 multiplayer maps including the planet Sullust". PC Gamer. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
Even with the Icelandic footage, it was more work creating the in-game environment for Sullust than for other planets, like Tatooine, Hoth, and Endor, all of which had real-world counterparts seen in the films.
- Galaxy Building, from Alderaan to Utapau at StarWars.com (official)
- Star Wars Canon: Just How Realistic Are the Single-Biome Planets? at The Escapist
- List of planets on Wookieepedia: a Star Wars wiki