This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Datta Raghobaji Meghe (Born 11 November 1936) is an Indian politician and currently a leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He was elected to Lok Sabha as a member of Congress Party four times : 10th Lok Sabha from Nagpur, 11th (1996-1998) from Ramtek, 12th Lok Sabha from Wardha, and 15th Lok Sabha (2009-2014) from Wardha constituency in Maharashtra state.
Earlier he was Member of Legislative Council of Maharashtra from April 1978 to June 1991 for three times and also during 2001-April 2002.
Datta Meghe was born in Pawnar village near Wardha. He worked as a development officer in L.I.C. for many years. He was married to Shalinitai Meghe. Meghe has three sons and six daughters. His son Sameer Meghe is MLA from hingna constituency, other son is currently living in Singapore.
He also runs various educational establishments run under Meghe Group of Institutions (MGI).
- Datta Meghe Institute of Engineering, Technology & Research, Wardha
- Datta Meghe College of Engineering
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha
- Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering
- Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering & Research, Nagpur
- Shri Datta Meghe Polytechnic
- Shri Datta Meghe College of Architecture, Nagpur
- Datta Meghe Institute of Management Studies, Nagpur
Vidarbha statehood movement
He has always been a staunch supporter of separate statehood of Vidarbha. After central government took proactive decision to create separate Telangana state in December 2009, he has been very active in supporting, promoting, advocating and actively pursuing cause of separate Vidarbha state on every platform.