Datu Montawal, Maguindanao
Map of Maguindanao showing the location of Pagagawan, now Datu Montawal
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|• Mayor||Dragon Montawal|
|• Total||461.10 km2 (178.03 sq mi)|
|• Density||68/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of Datu Montawal, Maguindanao|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
The municipality was created under Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 95 on July 18, 2000. It was carved out of the municipality of Pagalungan. It was renamed to Datu Montawal under Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 152 on January 7, 2002.
Datu Montawal is politically subdivided into 11 barangays.
- Balatungkayo (Batungkayo)
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- MMA Act No. 95 : An Act Creating the Municipality of Pagagawan in the Province of Maguindanao
- MMA Act No. 152 : An Act Changing the Name of Pagagawan in the Province of Maguindanao to Municipality of Datu Montawal
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System