Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao
|Datu Odin Sinsuat|
Municipal Hall sub-office
Location in Maguindanao
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|• Mayor||Datu Ombra Q. Sinsuat|
|• Total||461.80 km2 (178.30 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Rank||78 out of 1,489 municipalities|
|• Density||210/km2 (560/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)64|
|Electorate||55,106 voters as of 2016|
The town's name, Dinaig, was changed to Datu Odin Sinsuat in 1994, by virtue of Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 29.
The town was part of the province of Shariff Kabunsuan and served as its capital from October 2006 until its nullification by the Supreme Court in July 2008.
Datu Odin Sinsuat is politically subdivided into 34 barangays.
- Dalican Poblacion
- Dinaig Proper
- Sifaren (Sifaran)
|Population census of
Datu Odin Sinsuat
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- Mt. Minandar is known for its green color due to being dominantly covered with grass. It is a two hour hike from the foot to the summit of the mountain. It is located at the Barangay kusiong.
- Blue Lagoon is also known as Enchanted Lagoon because, according to the old people living nearby, there are enchantresses living in it. This deep lagoon situated at the Brgy. Margues is the top tourist attraction of the municipality.
- Kusiong Beach is a grayish sand beach with a lot of resorts like Amayah beach resort, Sahara Beach Resourt, and Club Kusiong. This is the nearest beach in the city of Cotabato.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act to Create the Municipality of Upi in the Province of Cotabato". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "Regional Act No. 3; An Act Changing the Name of the Municipality of Dinaig in the Province of Maguindanao to the Municipality of Datu Odin Sinsuat" (PDF). Regional Legislative Assembly, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
- "Province of Maguindanao". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- MMA Act No. 29: An Act Changing the name of the Municipality of Dinaig in the Province of Maguindanao to the Municipality of Datu Odin Sinsuat
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Illana Bay||Cotabato City||Kabuntalan|
|Moro Gulf||Sultan Sumagka|
|Datu Blah T. Sinsuat||Upi / Talayan||Datu Anggal Midtimbang|