2 September 1965
|Alma mater||Ahmadu Bello University, Kaduna|
|Occupation||Executive Director, Public Sector North,First Bank of Nigeria Plc.|
Dauda Lawal (born 2 September 1965), is a Nigerian Banker, Who is known to be an established leader in the Nigerian Banking Industry. Lawal is known to be one of the key players in the financial sector of the Nigerian Economy  as he currently serves as the Executive Director, Public Sector North, of First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
Dauda Lawal, an ethnic Muslim Hausa from Zamfara State, was born on 2 September 1965 into a humble family in Gusau, Zamfara State.
Mr. Dauda Lawal graduated from Ahmadu Bello University in 1987 with BSc in Political Science. he obtained an MSc, Political Science/International Relations from the same university in 1992, and holds a PhD in Business Administration from Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
He started his working career in 1989 as Political Education Officer with the Agency for Mass Mobilization for Social and Economic Reliance Nigeria. In 1989, he joined Westex Nigeria Limited as an Assistant General Manager. In 1994 he was appointed as an Assistant Consular Officer (Immigration), and later Chief Protocol Officer, Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, DC, USA. Mr. Lawal joined First Bank of Nigeria Plc in May 2003; as Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking, and was at various times Senior Manager, Abuja Area office, Business Development Manager, Abuja, Principal Manager, Group Head PSG II, Assistant General Manager (Business Development Manager), Maitama, Deputy General Manager (Business Development Manager), Maitama/Group Head Public Sector, Abuja. Between October 2010 and September 2011 Mr. Lawal was elevated to the position of Executive Vice President, Public Sector, North of First Bank of Nigeria Plc. In September 2012 he became Executive Director, Public Sector North, of First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
FirstBank CEO Merit Award for Outstanding Performance as the “Best Business Development Manager” in 2006 and “The Most Enterprising Staff” in 2009.
- "Nigerian Banker Dauda Named one of Most Influential Bank Executives In Nigeria". maktoubng.com. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- "First Bank of Nigeria Plc announces Changes in the Board". proshareng.com. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "Dauda Lawal: Changing the Face of the Nigerian Banking Industry". sharpedgenews.com. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "Dauda Lawal: Changing the Face of the Nigerian Banking Industry". agendang.com. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "First Bank of Nigeria Board of Directors". firstbanknigeria.com. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "First Bank of Nigeria Official Website". firstbanknigeria.com. Retrieved 2 June 2016.