|• Total||376.23 km2 (145.26 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Daudkandi|
Daudkandi is located at. It has 77,102 households and a total area of 376.23 km².
According to the 1991 Bangladesh census, Daudkandi had a population of 458, 503. Males constituted 50.44% of the population, and females 49.56%. The population aged 18 or over was 215, 409. Daudkandi had an average literacy rate of 29.9% (7+ years), compared to the national average of 32.4%.
Upazila Chairman: Major (Retd.) Mohammad Ali
Woman Vice Chairman:
Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO): Muhammad Asaduzzaman
Daudkandi has 15 Unions 1 Pourosova, 281 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 467 villages.
- Khondaker Mostaq Ahmad: 5th President of Bangladesh (15 August 1975 to 3 November 1975)
- Engineer Abdur Rashid - former minister
- Major General (Retd.) Mohammad Shubid Ali Bhuiyan - Member of the Parliament, Chairman Parliamentary Committee of Defence
- Dr. Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain -Former minister of Power & Energy & Health and Family Welfare
- Uddin, AKM Jasim (2012). "Daudkandi Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
|This Chittagong Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|