From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Daum Communications)
|Public (KRX: 035720)|
|Founded||October 1, 2014|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Kim Beom-soo (chairman)
Choi Se-hoon (CEO)
Kakao (Korean: 카카오) is a South Korean internet company established in 2014. It was formed from a merger of Daum Communications and Kakao to Daum Kakao in 2014, and Daum Kakao changed its name to Kakao in 2015.
- KakaoTalk is an app for chatting and VoIP.
- KakaoStory is a service for image, video, and music sharing.
- KakaoPage is a web-based cartoon and novel service.
- KakaoGroup is a group chat service with picture, video, and music sharing.
- KakaoMusic is a music app with sharing features.
- KakaoStyle is a mobile fashion service.
- BankWalletKakao is a mobile e-wallet service.
- KakaoFriends : diverse products including finance, distribution, foods and so on
- KakaoHello : Call app service based on Kakao account
- KakaoTV : interlock Kakao TV Live broadcasting and KakaoTalk's open chatting
- KakaoHome : service, managing Smartphone home display
- KakaoPlace : service, sharing famous place
- KakaoAlbum : sharing picture with Kakao friends
- "kakao > About > History". Kakao Corp. Kakao. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "Daum Kakao Sets Sail Under New Name". The Chosun Ilbo (Seoul). 24 September 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "Path Sells Its Social Networking App To Daum Kakao". TechCrunch. Retrieved 28 June 2015.