Dave Aitel is a computer security professional. He joined the NSA as a research scientist aged 18 where he worked for six years before being employed as a consultant at @stake for three years. In 2002 he founded a security software company, Immunity, where he is now the CTO.
Aitel co-authored several books:
- The Hacker's Handbook: The Strategy Behind Breaking into and Defending Networks. ISBN 978-0-8493-0888-8
- The Shellcoder's Handbook. ISBN 978-0-7645-4468-2
- Beginning Python. ISBN 978-0-7645-9654-4
He is also well known for writing several security tools:
- SPIKE, a block-based fuzzer
- SPIKE Proxy, a man-in-the-middle web application assessment tool
- Unmask, a tool to do statistical analysis on text to determine authorship
- Canvassing all security cracks. Retrieved on April 16, 2008.
- Aitel, Dave. 0days: How hacking really works. Retrieved on July 8, 2007.
- Immunity company information. Retrieved on July 8, 2007.
- Aitel, Dave. "Cyber security: National security vs. personal freedom". Fox News. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|