Dave Benning (born November 3, 1969) is an English-born Canadian former player, head coach, and Canadian Soccer Association Technical Programs Manager.
Benning worked in the Canadian Professional Soccer League with Vaughan Shooters as a player and manager from 1998 to 2003. He was active as a player in 1998 in the club's inaugural season in the CPSL. In their debut season he helped secure a postseason berth by finishing third in the overall standings. He featured in the playoffs against St. Catharines Wolves, but were eliminated by a score of 5-2 on goals on aggregate. The following season, he was appointed assistant coach of the Glen Shields soccer club in the club's first season in 1998. In 1999, he succeeded coach Ron Harrison and continued as head coach until he retired in 2003. On November 28, 2003 he was appointed by the Canadian Soccer Association as the Technical Programs Manager. He is currently the technical director of the Glen Shields Sun Devils. He founded this club's academy program- iPlay .
- Glover, Robin. "Glen Shields Sun Devils vs St Catharines Roma Wolves". www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- "Canada Soccer". www.canadasoccer.com. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- "Glen Shields Futbol Club | Technical | Meet the Staff". www.glenshields.com. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- Moko, Larry (14 September 2010). "Pongetti lands national team berth". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- Player Profile - CanadaSoccer