|Date of birth||26 October 1947|
|Place of birth||Prestbury, England|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in Prestbury, Boylen was playing non-league football with Ryder Brow when he signed a professional contract with Grimsby Town. At Grimsby between 1966 and 1978, Boylen made 384 appearances in the Football League, scoring 34 goals in the process. Boylen was part of the 1971–72 team that won the Division Four title. He later played non-League football with Skegness Town.
- Grimsby Town
- "Players on the pitch are responsible for results – Boylen". Grimsby Telegraph. 24 February 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Historical league tables". Stats.football.co.uk. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- "Local Elections - 2007". North East Lincolnshire Council. 3 May 2007. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Local Elections - 2011". North East Lincolnshire Council. 5 May 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a midfielder born in the 1940s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|