Bush with the Milwaukee Brewers
November 9, 1979 |
|July 2, 2004 for the Toronto Blue Jays|
|Last MLB appearance|
|April 7, 2013 for the Toronto Blue Jays|
|Earned run average||4.73|
David Thomas Bush (born November 9, 1979) is an American former professional baseball pitcher. He has played professionally for the Milwaukee Brewers, Texas Rangers, SK Wyverns, Philadelphia Phillies and Toronto Blue Jays.
Bush graduated from Conestoga High School in Berwyn, Pennsylvania and played college baseball at Wake Forest University where he was a double major in psychology and sociology. Bush currently resides in Devon, Pennsylvania.
Toronto Blue Jays
He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in the 4th round of the 2001 amateur draft, but did not sign. The following year he was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 2nd round of the amateur draft.
He pitched two seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays, compiling a 10-15 record and a 4.15 ERA.
Bush became a free agent after the 2010 season.
Toronto Blue Jays
Bush signed a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays in December 2012. Bush started the 2013 season with the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons, but the Blue Jays brought him up on April 6 when Jeremy Jeffress was designated for assignment. Bush was designated for assignment on April 8, 2013. Bush cleared waivers and was assigned to Triple-A Buffalo. He became a free agent on October 1.
On three instances in Bush's career he has flirted with a no-hitter, taking it beyond seven complete innings. The first was on July 20, 2004, while pitching with the Blue Jays in only his third major-league starting appearance. He pitched 7⅓ innings against the Oakland A's until Damian Miller singled against him. In Milwaukee, Bush's next opportunity came against his former team, Toronto, on June 19, 2008. Lyle Overbay, the man Bush was traded for, led off the eighth inning with a triple to end the bid. In an April 23, 2009 game against the Philadelphia Phillies, he once again took the no-hit bid 7⅓ innings before giving up a home run to Matt Stairs.
- "Dave Bush Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Fraley, Gerry (2011-07-01). "Rangers activate Hunter; designate Bush". Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben. "Rangers Release Dave Bush". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben. "Cubs Sign Dave Bush". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben. "Dave Bush Elects Free Agency". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- Adams, Luke. "Phillies To Sign Dave Bush". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Blue Jays send Jeffress to triple-A, recall Bush". April 6, 2013. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- Roy, Kieran (April 8, 2013). "Jays Claim 1B Mauro Gomez; DFA Dave Bush". Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- "Dave Bush sent to Triple-A". April 9, 2013. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- McCalvy, Adam (April 23, 2009). "Another ex-Brewer thwarts Bush's no-no".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dave Bush.|