Bush with the Milwaukee Brewers in 2009
November 9, 1979 |
|MLB: July 2, 2004, for the Toronto Blue Jays|
|KBO: June 6, 2012, for the SK Wyverns|
|KBO: October 4, 2012, for the SK Wyverns|
|MLB: April 7, 2013, for the Toronto Blue Jays|
|Earned run average||4.73|
|Earned run average||4.43|
David Thomas Bush (born November 9, 1979) is an American former professional baseball pitcher. He played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Toronto Blue Jays, Milwaukee Brewers, Texas Rangers, and Philadelphia Phillies. Bush also played for the SK Wyverns of the KBO League.
Toronto Blue Jays
He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in the 4th round of the 2001 amateur draft, but did not sign. The following year he was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 2nd round of the amateur draft.
He pitched two seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays, compiling a 10-15 record and a 4.15 ERA.
Bush became a free agent after the 2010 season.
Toronto Blue Jays
Bush signed a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays in December 2012. Bush started the 2013 season with the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons, but the Blue Jays brought him up on April 6 when Jeremy Jeffress was designated for assignment. Bush was designated for assignment on April 8, 2013. Bush cleared waivers and was assigned to Triple-A Buffalo. He became a free agent on October 1.
On three instances in Bush's career he has flirted with a no-hitter, taking it beyond seven complete innings. The first was on July 20, 2004, while pitching with the Blue Jays in only his third major-league starting appearance. He pitched 7⅓ innings against the Oakland A's until Damian Miller, his future teammate with the Brewers, singled against him. In Milwaukee, Bush's next opportunity came against his former team, Toronto, on June 19, 2008. Lyle Overbay, the man Bush was traded for, led off the eighth inning with a triple to end the bid. In an April 23, 2009 game against the Philadelphia Phillies, he once again took the no-hit bid 7⅓ innings before giving up a home run to Matt Stairs.
- "Dave Bush Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Fraley, Gerry (2011-07-01). "Rangers activate Hunter; designate Bush". Dallas Morning News. Archived from the original on 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben. "Rangers Release Dave Bush". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben. "Cubs Sign Dave Bush". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- Nicholson-Smith, Ben. "Dave Bush Elects Free Agency". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- Adams, Luke. "Phillies To Sign Dave Bush". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "Blue Jays send Jeffress to triple-A, recall Bush". April 6, 2013. Retrieved April 6, 2013.
- Roy, Kieran (April 8, 2013). "Jays Claim 1B Mauro Gomez; DFA Dave Bush". Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- "Dave Bush sent to Triple-A". April 9, 2013. Archived from the original on October 4, 2013. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- McCalvy, Adam (April 23, 2009). "Another ex-Brewer thwarts Bush's no-no".