|Born||David Ross Carnie
December 14, 1969
Carnie writes freelance and has had articles published in Rolling Stone, Hustler, The Skateboard Mag, Snowboard Magazine, and Bizarre. Carnie also helped co-write a couple of short films with Spike Jonze (whom he met through fellow Big Brother editor Jeff Tremaine). Through his work on the Big Brother videos he was also one of the original creators of the television show Jackass and has appeared in numerous Jackass episodes. During his time at Big Brother Dave can be credited with launching the careers of numerous Jackass stars, including Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, and Chris Pontius, and has brought fame to hundreds of skateboarding stars. Recently, Carnie was an editor of jackassworld.com. Dave has a cat with no tail named "Gary", that has become a recurring feature in his writings and interviews.
Carnie was hailed for his work on exposing the dangers of the modular skateparks that many cities across the United States were installing, and was recognized by the Austin Public Skatepark Action Committee for his work. Dave also has his own brand of skateboard decks named Whalecock Skateboarding. Dave was a secret character on the PlayStation game Grind Session. His character farted while grinding.
- Shit - Big Brother Videos
- Number Two - Big Brother Videos
- Crap - Big Brother Videos
- boob - Big Brother Videos
- Learn to Ride : A Skateboarding Instructional Video
- Ruibal, Sal (March 9, 2000). "Chairman of the skateboard X Games star's net worth soars, but some question the soul of the deal". USA Today.
- MNSkateboarder - Minnesota Skateboarding
- Small Time Skates ... Skateboarder owned and operated. Home of Louisiana's very own Dreamland skatepark and the Chicken Coop!
- 'The Big Brother I Never Had ... Trading Punches with Dave Carnie' by Paul Grens - Get Underground Featured Article
- Austin Public Skatepark Action Committee - Modular Skateparks Are Evil
- Big Brother Issue 74, June 2001
- Grind Session for PlayStation Review - PlayStation Grind Session Review