Dave Edwards (Wyoming politician)
David Richard "Dave" Edwards
|Wyoming State Representative from Converse County|
January 1, 2001 – December 31, 2008
|Succeeded by||Richard Cannady|
|Converse County Commissioner|
January 4, 2009 – February 1, 2012
|Douglas, Wyoming, City Council member|
|Born||January 13, 1938|
Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA
|Died||January 5, 2013 (aged 74)|
Douglas, Wyoming, USA
|Cause of death||Stroke; Alzheimer's disease|
|Resting place||Douglas Park Cemetery in Douglas, Wyoming|
|Alma mater||Naval Postgraduate School|
|Occupation||Retired United States Navy captain; businessman|
|Branch/service||United States Navy|
|Battles/wars||Vietnam War, more than 200 combat missions|
Edwards bought the LaBonte Hotel, a historical hotel.
Edwards moved to Douglas, Wyoming in 1993 and was elected to the city council there. He subsequently served as a commissioner of Converse County. He served in the Wyoming House of Representatives (2001–2008) as the Representative for District 6 as a Republican.
He officially stepped down February 1.
- "Legislator Information: Representative Richard L. Cannady". legisweb.state.wy.us. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "HOUSE DISTRICT 6 MEMBER - Dave Edwards". Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- Hancock, Laura (January 7, 2013). "Converse County legislator David Edwards remembered". billingsgazette.com. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Obituary Archived 2013-01-10 at the Wayback Machine
- "Edwards steps down". Douglas Budget. 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2013-01-12.