|Born||March 12, 1978|
|Origin||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US|
|Genres||Punk rock, alternative rock, folk rock, Americana|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
|Labels||Jade Tree Records
Fat Wreck Chords
Paper + Plastick
Xtra Mile Recordings
|Associated acts||The Falcon|
Dave Hause, born David Andrew Hause, March 12, 1978 is an American singer-songwriter who has played in multiple Philadelphia, PA area punk and hardcore bands. He currently performs solo as well as sings and plays guitar in The Loved Ones and The Falcon .
Music and career
In the mid-90s, Hause played guitar in a Philadelphia-based hardcore/punk band called Step Ahead, who released one album. After they broke up, Hause and Brendan Hill, the drummer from Step Ahead, formed The Curse. The Curse, which featured Hause on guitar and sharing vocals, released two songs on the four-way split album The Philadelphia Sound and released a six-track EP on Hell Bent Records before playing their last show on April 12, 2003 opening for Kid Dynamite. While with The Curse, he also played guitar and sang back-up vocals for Paint It Black.
Then in April 2004, he formed The Loved Ones with former Kid Dynamite member Michael "Spider" Cotterman and former Trial By Fire drummer Mike Sneeringer. Shortly after, in July 2004, he quit Paint It Black to focus on The Loved Ones.
In 2009, Hause performed solo material alongside Chuck Ragan, Tim Barry, and Jim Ward as part of Ragan's Revival Tour, a collaborative folk concert tour. Hause released his first solo release being a 7" single in May 2010. He released a CD single in December, 2010, followed by the January 24 release of his debut, full-length solo album, Resolutions via Paper + Plastick.
On 12 April 2011 a video was released for the song "Time Will Tell The video pays homage to the 1967 Martin Scorsese short film The Big Shave. He was featured in The Gaslight Anthem's music video for their single Bring It On off of their album American Slang.
A video for the song "C'mon Kid" was released on Sept 1st, 2011 via Rocksound.
In September, 2011, Xtra Mile Recordings licensed Resolutions and released the record in the UK and Europe and over the next two months, Hause performed across Europe with The Revival Tour, alongside Chuck Ragan, Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio, and Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem.
In 2012, Hause released a series of five 7" singles, each on a different label. Each 7" features two newly recorded versions of songs from Resolutions and two covers of songs from the catalog of the label of releasing that 7". The first release came on Record Store Day and the last one in October, and the labels that released them were, in order, Side One Dummy Records, Jade Tree Records, Bridge Nine Records, Chunksaah Records and Sabot Productions.
In early 2013, Hause was signed to Rise Records, who re-released his solo album Resolutions in March. It was later announced that Rise would release his second solo album Devour, in October 2013.
Hause has cited Hot Water Music, Social Distortion, the Ramones, the Clash, and Pearl Jam, among others, as influences.
- "Melanin" 7" (Bantic Media, 2010)
- "Resolutions" EP (Paper + Plastick, 2010)
- "Resolutions" 7" (Side One Dummy Records, 2012)
- "Heavy Heart" 7" (Jade Tree Records, 2012)
- "Pray for Tucson" 7" (Bridge Nine Records, 2012)
- "Time Will Tell" 7" (Chunksaah Records, 2012)
- "C’mon Kid" 7" (Sabot Productions, 2012)
- "C'mon Kid" 7" (Xtramile Recordings, 2013)
- "Time Will Tell" (2011)
- "C'mon Kid" (2011)
- "C'mon Kid" (PIV session - 2011)
With Step Ahead
- There's Always Hope! (Initforit Records, 1998)
With The Curse
With Paint It Black
With The Loved Ones
- Demo (self-released, 2004)
- Demo 2 (self-released, ???)
- The Loved Ones EP (Jade Tree Records, 2005)
- Keep Your Heart (Fat Wreck Chords, 2006)
- Build & Burn (Fat Wreck Chords, 2008)
- Distractions (Fat Wreck Chords, 2009)
- "Kid Dynamite Openers: Grey Area Reunion / Curse Breaking Up?".
- "Members of Kid Dynamite/Trial By Fire/Paint It Black form The Loved Ones".
- "Dave Hause leaves Paint It Black".
- "Dave Hause (The Loved Ones) to release solo 7".
- "Rise Records signs Dave Hause, re-release ‘Resolutions’". Punknews.org. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-07-15.
- "Dave Hause to release ‘Devour’ this October, streams new song". Punknews.org. 2013-07-12. Retrieved 2013-07-15.