Dave Jerden is an American record producer, engineer and mixer who has worked with artists in all genres including alternative rock, punk rock and metal genres. However, Jerden has stated that he dislikes the term "producer," preferring to refer to himself primarily as an engineer.
Jerden developed his engineering and mixing skills while working at Eldorado Studios in Hollywood, California, beginning in the late 1970s. During this time he worked as an Engineer and Mixer on critically acclaimed and commercially successful records with artists such as Talking Heads, David Byrne, Frank Zappa, Mick Jagger, The Rolling Stones and many others.
His career as a producer emerged in the late 1980s, beginning with his work on albums by Jane's Addiction and Alice In Chains. Music Radar stated that these albums went against the prevailing sonic qualities of the day—dominated as it was by "hair metal bands"—and that Jerden had an important hand in shaping such genre-defining sounds. As a Producer and Mixer Jerden also worked with artists such as Fishbone, Anthrax, The Offspring, Social Distortion and Red Hot Chili Peppers. 
However, by the mid-1990s, Jerden felt overwhelmed by the trappings of his success and decided to "lie low," working on occasional projects, but primarily experimenting with recording equipment involved in the transition from digital to analogue domains.
Jerden is the co-owner of Tranzformer Studio in Burbank, California.
- 1980: Remain in Light - Talking Heads (engineer, mixing)
- 1981: My Life in the Bush of Ghosts - David Byrne/Brian Eno (engineer)
- 1981: The Red and the Black - Jerry Harrison (producer, engineer)
- 1983: The Man From Utopia - Frank Zappa (engineer)
- 1983: Future Shock - Herbie Hancock (engineer, mixing)
- 1984: The Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Red Hot Chili Peppers (engineer)
- 1985: She's the Boss - Mick Jagger (engineer)
- 1986: Dirty Work - The Rolling Stones (engineer)
- 1987 Show Me - 54-40
- 1988: Nothing's Shocking - Jane's Addiction
- 1988: Life Sentence to Love - Legal Weapon (producer, engineer, mixing)
- 1989: Mother's Milk - Red Hot Chili Peppers (mixing)
- 1990: Social Distortion - Social Distortion
- 1990: Ritual de lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction
- 1990: Facelift - Alice in Chains
- 1991: Circa - Mary's Danish
- 1991: The Reality of My Surroundings - Fishbone
- 1991: Symbol of Salvation - Armored Saint
- 1991: Burning Time - Last Crack
- 1991: Swandive - Bullet LaVolta
- 1992: Break Like the Wind - Spinal Tap (mixing, producer)
- 1992: Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell - Social Distortion
- 1992: Sap - Alice in Chains
- 1992: Dirt - Alice in Chains
- 1992: Rattlebone - Rattlebone
- 1992: That What Is Not - Public Image Ltd.
- 1993: Independent - Sacred Reich
- 1993: Sweet Water - Sweet Water
- 1993: Sound of White Noise - Anthrax
- 1993: Dig - Dig
- 1994: Love Spit Love - Love Spit Love
- 1995: Driver Not Included - Orange 9mm
- 1995: Hello - Poe
- 1995: Superfriends - Sweet Water
- 1996: Mata Leão - Biohazard
- 1996: Bar Chord Ritual - Rust
- 1997: Wacko Magneto - Ednaswap
- 1997: Hang-Ups - Goldfinger
- 1997: Ixnay on the Hombre - The Offspring
- 1998: Rattlebone - Rattlebone
- 1998: Americana - The Offspring
- 1998: Darkest Days - Stabbing Westward
- 1999: Suicide - Sweet Water
- 1999: Rev - Perry Farrell (mixing, engineer, producer)
- 1999: F=0 - Dis.Inc.
- 2000: Deviant - Pitchshifter
- 2001: The Pleasure and the Greed - Big Wreck
- 2001: Cringe - Cringe
- 2002: A Passage in Time - Authority Zero
- 2003: Before Everything & After - MxPx
- 2004: Dropbox - Dropbox
- 2013: Entitled - Richie Ramone
- 2015: Rare Breed - The Shrine
- Bosco, Joe, “Production Legend Dave Jerden on 13 Career-Defining Records,” Music Radar, accessed February 1, 2015, http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/production-legend-dave-jerden-on-13-career-defining-records-586973/.
- "Credits: Dave Jerden". Allmusic. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- Saxon, Jonathan, “Dave Jerden (bonus): Really Wrong Productions," Tape Op - the Creative Music Recording Magazine, accessed February 1, 2015, http://tapeop.com/articles/86/dave-jerden/.