|Died||April 26, 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
|Occupation||Forensic Computer Investigator|
Dave Kleiman (1967 – April 26, 2013) was a noted Forensic Computer Investigator, an author/coauthor of multiple books and a noted speaker at security related events. He died in his home in April 2013 of complications from MRSA.
Computer security & forensics
For a number of years in the 1990s, Kleiman was a sworn law enforcement officer for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (PBSO). While there, he attained the rank of detective. Also, while at the PBSO, he worked as a System Security Analyst in the Computer Crimes Division and also helped set up the Computer Forensics Lab.
Dave Kleiman was a regular contributor to a wide array of online forums and mailing lists where he assisted network engineers and other IT professionals of varying levels in solving their issues, regardless of the level of difficulty involved. Kleiman was also well known as an advisor to engineering professionals in numerous industries.
Dave also regularly volunteered his time and expertise assisting local and federal law enforcement agencies in cases both domestic and international in scope.
On January 1, 2007 he was named a Microsoft MVP for Windows – Security.
Bitcoin involvement rumors
- Co-author: Microsoft Log Parser Toolkit; Syngress Publishing; ISBN 1-932266-52-6
- Co-author: Security Log Management: Identifying Patterns in the Chaos; Syngress Publishing; ISBN 1-59749-042-3
- Technical editor: Perfect Passwords: Selection, Protection and Authentication; Syngress Publishing; ISBN 1-59749-041-5
- Technical editor: Winternals Defragmentation, Recovery, and Administration Field Guide; Syngress Publishing; ISBN 1-59749-079-2
- CD and DVD Forensics: Technical Editor, ISBN 1-59749-128-4
- How to Cheat at Windows System Administration: Contributing Author, ISBN 1-59749-105-5
- Enemy at the Water Cooler: Real Life Stories of Insider Threats, Technical Reviewer, ISBN 1-59749-129-2
- Rootkits for Dummies: Technical editor, ISBN 978-0-471-91710-6
- Windows Forensic Analysis Including DVD Toolkit: Technical Editor, ISBN 1-59749-156-X
- The Official CHFI Study Guide (Exam 312-49): Co-Author, ISBN 1-59749-197-7
- "Obituary: Former PBSO deputy dies in his home". Palm Beach Post. Retrieved May 1, 2013. (subscription required (. ))
- "SANS WhatWorks Summit in Forensics and Incident Response". SANS.
- "Dave Kleiman". CredenceCorp.
- "Dave Kleiman". O'Reilly.
- Sam Biddle; Andy Cush (2 May 2016). "This Australian Says He and His Dead Friend Invented Bitcoin". Gizmodo. Gawker Media.
- "Craig Steven Wright claims to be Satoshi Nakamoto. Is he?". The Economist. 2 May 2016.