Dave McClain (musician)
Dave McClain in Rotterdam 2009
|Birth name||David Wayne McClain|
|Born||October 22, 1965|
|Origin||San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|Genres||Thrash metal, groove metal, heavy metal, nu metal, speed metal|
|Associated acts||Machine Head|
Metal Like A Son Of A Bitch
David Wayne McClain (born October 22, 1965) is an American-German drummer, born in Wiesbaden, Germany. He is best known as the former drummer for the American heavy metal band, Machine Head. He joined the band in 1995 and left the band in 2018 after 23 years in the band. He replaced Chris Kontos when the latter left shortly after their first album, Burn My Eyes. He was formerly a member of S.A.Slayer (not to be confused with the California-based Slayer), Riot offshoot Narita, Turbin, Catalepsy, Murdercar (feat. noted producer Ross Robinson), Ministers of Anger (Dave Clemmons). Currently he has rejoined Sacred Reich in 2018, which he originally played for from 1991-1995.
pre-Machine Head discography
Albums & EPs:
- S.A.Slayer - Prepare to Die EP (Rainforest Records, 1983)
- S.A.Slayer - Go for the Throat (Under den Linden Records, 1988)
- Murdercar - unreleased album (1990)
- Sacred Reich - A Question EP (Hollywood Records, 1991)
- Sacred Reich - Independent (Hollywood Records, 1993)
- Sacred Reich - Heal (Metal Blade Records 1996)
- with Juggernaut
- with Murdercar
- with Ministers of Anger
- Monger, James Christopher. "Biography: Machine Head". Allmusic. Retrieved 29 Dec 2014.
- "Dave McClain". Avedis Zildjian Company. Retrieved 29 Dec 2014.
- "Dave McClain on Instagram (verified account)". Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- Flynn, Robb (28 December 2017). "THE GENERAL JOURNALS: DIARLY OF A FRONTMAN… AND OTHER RAMBLINGS". Machinehead1.com. Archived from the original on 16 August 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
Dave [McClain] has been vegan for the last seven months, [...]