Dave Moore (footballer)
|Date of birth||17 December 1959|
|Place of birth||Grimsby, England|
|2011||Grimsby Town (caretaker)|
|2016||Grimsby Town (caretaker)|
|*Club domestic league appearances and goals|
As a player, he made nearly 300 appearances in the Football League between 1978 and 1990, playing as a defender for Grimsby Town, Carlisle United, Blackpool and Darlington. He also played non-league football for Boston United.
As a player
As a coach
Moore managed Scunthorpe United between 1994 and 1996, with a record of played 99, won 37, lost 36, drawn 26. He lost his job after a poor run of form in February and March 1996, and was replaced by Mick Buxton.
Moore re-joined Grimsby Town as the clubs physiotherapist. In February 2011 he took over as the club's caretaker manager following the sacking of Neil Woods and on 5 March 2011 Moore and Robbie Stockdale took charge of the club's 2–1 victory over A.F.C. Wimbledon. Moore and Stockdale's reign lasted four games with victories against A.F.C. Wimbledon and Kettering Town, a draw with Gateshead and a defeat against Bath City. On 23 March 2011 Grimsby appointed Paul Hurst and Rob Scott as joint managers, and with there no need for an Assistant Manager at the club Moore reverted to his role as physiotherapist.
Moore took over again as caretaker manager in 2016 following the resignation of Paul Hurst and stayed in the position until the appointment of Marcus Bignot. In 2020 he was temporarily appointed as caretaker assistant manager to assist Ben Davies following Ian Holloway's departure.
- As of 7 November 2016
|Scunthorpe United||1 August 1994||31 July 1996||99||37||26||36||37.37|
|Grimsby Town||24 February 2011||23 March 2011||4||2||1||1||50.00|
|Grimsby Town||24 October 2016||7 November 2016||2||0||1||1||0.00|
- "Dave Moore". Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Players Database. Neil Brown. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Manager Profile - Mick Buxton". League Managers Association. Archived from the original on 15 February 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Grimsby Town part with manager Neil Woods". BBC Sport. 23 February 2011. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Fans drive Mariners to shock victory over league leaders". Grimsby Telegraph. 7 March 2011. Archived from the original on 14 September 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2011.
- "Town physio Moore happy to be back in the treatment room". Grimsby Telegraph. 29 March 2011. Archived from the original on 15 February 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Ben Davies on the Grimsby Town job and the Oldham Athletic clash". Grimsbylive. 28 December 2020.
- Joshua Burch (25 January 2014). "Young Reporter: Our beloved Grimsby Town". Grimsby Telegraph. Retrieved 12 August 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Dave Moore's managerial career". Soccerbase.