|Born||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
Dave "Rave" Ogilvie is a Canadian record producer, mixer, and musician. He is best known as a producer/mixer/re-mixer of industrial music and has been associated with bands such as Skinny Puppy (as longtime producer and onetime member), Nine Inch Nails, Severed Heads, The Birthday Massacre, Marilyn Manson, Jakalope (his own band), Killing Joke, Einstürzende Neubauten, KMFDM, 16Volt, Pop Will Eat Itself, Left Spine Down, Raggedy Angry and Johnny Hollow.
He is frequently credited as Dave "Rave" Ogilvie, but should not be confused with Dave Desroches, who has used the stage name "Dave Rave" without an additional surname.
Dave "Rave" Ogilvie started his recording career in Vancouver working as an engineer at Mushroom Studios. His first production was the critically acclaimed "Green Record" for 5440, and soon after Dave was producing and mixing albums for a number of Canadian artists including The Grapes of Wrath, Moev and The Doughboys.
Remixes and productions for bands
He has produced music and remixes for many bands, including Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Puscifer, Queen, David Bowie, Spineshank, Thought Industry, MALHAVOC, Rigor Mortis, KMFDM, 16VOLT, Johnny Hollow, Doughboys, The Birthday Massacre, Jakalope, Burlap, Killing Joke, Queensrÿche, Genitorturers, Alexz Johnson, Men Without Hats, Fake Shark – Real Zombie!, Left Spine Down, Raggedy Angry and Drown (Hold on to the Hollow – 1994).
- The Caution Tapes: Interview with Left Spine Down
- Shut Up and Drive « « ReGen Magazine ReGen Magazine
- Raggedy Angry Interview
- Review: Raggedy Angry – How I Learned To Love Our Robot Overlords Archived 2011-07-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- Chartattack Review: Raggedy Angry – How I Learned To Love Our Robot Overlords Archived 2010-12-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- Tingen, Paul (September 2012). "Dave Ogilvie mixing 'Call Me Maybe'". Sound On Sound.