|Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives
from the 1A district
January 3, 2007 – January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Maxine Penas|
|Succeeded by||Dan Fabian|
|Political party||Democratic Farmer Labor Party|
|Residence||Thief River Falls, Minnesota|
|Alma mater||Concordia College, Moorhead
University of Minnesota Law School
David M. "Dave" Olin (born 1947) is a Minnesota politician and a former Democratic Farmer Labor Party member of the Minnesota House of Representatives who represented District 1A, which includes all of Kittson and Roseau counties, as well as portions of Marshall and Pennington counties in the northwestern part of the state. First elected in 2006, he was re-elected in 2008, but was unseated by Republican Dan Fabian in the 2010 general election.
Olin won his first term in 2006 when he defeated Republican DelRay Flom, an agricultural businessman, by a margin of 54% to 46%. Incumbent Rep. Maxine Penas, a Republican, did not seek re-election.
Olin was a member of the House Agriculture, Rural Economies and Veterans Affairs Committee, the House Civil Justice Committee, and the House Public Safety Policy and Oversight Committee. He also served on the Finance Subcommittee for the Public Safety Finance Division, and on the Public Safety Policy and Oversight Subcommittee for the Crime Victims/Criminal Records Division.
Olin was raised near Ada, and later received a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and history from Concordia College in Moorhead and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Minnesota Law School. Prior to be elected a state representative, he served as Pennington County Attorney for 32 years. He currently resides in Thief River Falls.
- "01a". Retrieved August 10, 2007.
- "Election Reporting". Retrieved August 10, 2007.
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present - Legislator Record - Olin, David M". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Minnesota Election Analysis". Retrieved August 10, 2007. Archived March 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Dave Olin (DFL) 01A". Retrieved August 10, 2007.
- Dave Olin at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
- Rep. Olin Web Page
- Minnesota Public Radio - Votetracker: Dave Olin Voting Record
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. David M. 'Dave' Olin Profile
- Follow the Money - David M. (Dave) Olin Campaign Contributions
|Minnesota State Representative for District 1A
2007 – 2011