This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||David Christopher Palumbo|
February 17, 1968
Manhattan, New York, United States
|Occupation||CEO and founder of Rxmuscle.com and Species Nutrition|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||Contest weight: 273 lb (124 kg) Retired weight: 235 lb (107 kg)|
| Actual weight- 2018: 185 pounds (84 kg)
David Christopher "Dave" Palumbo (born February 17, 1968) is a retired American bodybuilder. He competed in his first bodybuilding competition in 1990, an NPC national competition in New York City, where he placed 6th place weighing in at 168 lbs. In just 5 years, Palumbo would gain 70 lbs and win the overall at the 1995 NPC Junior Nationals. His best placing in competition came at the 2003 NPC USA Championships where he finished 2nd place in the Super Heavyweight class.
Palumbo is the former Editor-in-Chief of Muscular Development Magazine. Today, Palumbo is the CEO and Founder of RxMuscle.com and owner of Species Nutrition. Palumbo is also contest prep coach for several NPC and IFBB bodybuilding, fitness, and figure competitors. He is known for his low carb approach to preparing his athletes for competition. Palumbo is also the founder of the S.M.A.R.T. personal training certification program.
Dave Palumbo’s athletic beginning did not start in bodybuilding. He was a long distance runner throughout his youth and onto college. At the age of 22, Palumbo began to lift weights and in 6 months of training he competed in his first bodybuilding competition at the 1990 NPC Natural New York City weighing in at 168 lb. where he took 6th place in the middleweight class.
Palumbo would quickly rise in bodybuilding and in 5 years he would win the 1995 NPC Junior USA Championships. At this point Palumbo would embark on a quest to turn professional in the IFBB. From 1995 – 2004, Palumbo would attempt to turn pro 16 times at qualifying events, but never placed higher than runner-up position at the NPC Nationals and NPC USA Championships.
1990 NPC NATURAL New York City (6th place Middleweight.....168 lbs)..training only 9 months
1992 NPC NJ SUBURBAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPS (5th place, Light HW.....198 lbs)
1992 NATURAL TRI STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS (1st place, Heavyweight........202 lbs)
1992 NPC Eastern USA 3rd place HW...212 lbs
1992 NPC WESTCHESTER 2nd place HW ...212 lbs
1994 NPC NY METROPOLITAN BB CHAMPS 1st HW.......228 lbs
1994 NPC SUBURBAN BB CHAMPS 2nd HW........228 lbs
1994 NPC Jr USA 3rd place HW...........228 lbs
1994 AMATEUR GRAND PRIX 1st place HW and OVERALL CHAMP......235 lbs
1995 NPC Jr NATIONALS 1st place HW........258 lbs
1995 NPC USA CHAMPS 7th place HW.........256 lbs
1996 NPC USA 7th place.........254 lbs
1996 NPC NATIONALS 4th place.........268 lbs
1997 NPC USA 6th place .....270 lbs
1997 NPC NATIONALS.....5th place........272 lbs
1998 IFBB NORTH AMERICAN 6th place .......281 lbs
1998 NPC NATIONALS 8th place Super HW....... 273 lbs
1999 NPC USA ......9th place
2000 NPC NY METROPOLITAN 1st place Super HW and OVERALL.... 275 lbs
2000 NPC USA 4th place Super HW.......274 lbs
2000 NPC NATIONALS 8th place Super HW......268 lbs
2001 NPC USA 7th place .......Super HW....... 265 lbs
2001 IFBB NORTH AMERICAN 5th place...... Super HW ...... 271 lbs
2002 NPC USA 3rd place Super HW...........260 lbs
2002 NPC National's 2nd place Super HW.......260 lbs
2003 NPC USAs 2nd place Super HW...........265 lbs
2003 NPC NATIONALS 6th place Super HW.......268 lbs
2004 NPC USA 6th place Super HW....... 258 lbs
In 2001, Palumbo was hired to write a monthly column for Muscular Development Magazine titled The Anabolic Freak. Several years later, he was promoted to editor of the website, a position he held until being terminated in 2009.
Conviction for Unlawful Distribution of Human Growth Hormone
In 2004, Palumbo pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 5 months in federal prison for distributing human growth hormone to athletes. 
Palumbo is the owner and president of Species Nutrition. Species Nutrition offers protein, fiber, fat loss, sleep-aid, and joint relief amongst its product line.
Web interviewer and radio host
Palumbo hosts a Q&A program called #AskDave (which has 51 episodes) as well as a "Live With" interview series. In August he interviewed Janae Marie Kroc. In January 2018 he interviewed Leonard "Big Lenny" Persin.
- Dan Barry (December 21, 1996). "The Hidden Aspects Of Showy Muscles; Despite the Dangers of Steroids, Bodybuilders Are Still Tempted". The New York Times.
- Aaron Wilkinson (June 27, 2002). "Bodybuilding show attracts young and old; Promoter highlights roots of sport in N.O.". Times-Picayune.
- Daryn Kagan, Dr. Sanjay Gupta (June 3, 2003). "AIDS Drug Entering Black Market". American Morning. 060302CN.V74. CNN.
- "Get Pump With Ian-Palumbo Diet". Real Muscle Online. December 4, 2008.
- Lynch, William. "Dave Palumbo Diet". LIVESTRONG.com.
- MuscleMag Staff (December 2003). "Star Profile: Dave Palumbo". MuscleMag.
- Merritt, Greg (July 2004). "The Edgar Fletcher Club". MuscleMag.
- Editors. "All About Dave Palumbo: Bio". bodybuildingpro.com.
- Palumbo, Dave. "The Anabolic Freak". Muscular Development. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14.
- Braun, Lori Victoria. "Muscular Development Fires Palumbo and Romano". Female Muscle. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14.
- Bodybuilder gets 10 months in human growth hormone case
- Admin. "About Us". Species Nutrition. Archived from the original on 2013-03-06.
- Palumbo, Dave (5 August 2015). "LIVE WITH JANAE MARIE KROC (Formerly Matt Kroc)". RXmuscle.com. Archived from the original on 12 August 2015.